• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cyberbullying on Instagram

Nicholas Wedemeyer

Hello Everyone,

On Saturday 8th May 2021, I got cyberbullied on Instagram by jace_dalmton. He called me retard. He called me bad at video games. He insulted my mother.

Today, He still keeps bulling me for reasons.

Can you help me?

With all due respect, I doubt there's much we can do - compared to what an Admin/Moderator on Instagram could do plus more. Furthermore, I don't think it would be beneficial for any of us with Instagram accounts to start attacking this cyberbully as all it would likely do is cause a major issue without resolve.

It might be best to get in touch with a member of staff there and ask if they can help out (make sure you provide evidence of what he has said to you) and/or just add him to your block list so you don't have to listen to him anymore.

With all due respect, I doubt there's much we can do - compared to what an Admin/Moderator on Instagram could do plus more. Furthermore, I don't think it would be beneficial for any of us with Instagram accounts to start attacking this cyberbully as all it would likely do is cause a major issue without resolve.

It might be best to get in touch with a member of staff there and ask if they can help out (make sure you provide evidence of what he has said to you) and/or just add him to your block list so you don't have to listen to him anymore.
Which Staff?

@Nicholas Wedemeyer

upload_2021-5-15_10-7-30.png

Reporting harassment or bullying on Instagram. | Instagram Help Center

Anti-Bullying on Instagram

The sad reality is that if you pursue participating on mainstream social media, given the very broad nature of the Internet that at some point you are bound to attract the wrong kind of attention short of masking your autistic traits and behaviors.

Making avoidance the best defense against such discrimination. In essence, "just say no" to Instagram. Or Facebook, or such and such. It's not rocket science. Otherwise it's best to pretend you're a Roman Gladiator in a coliseum. "Those who are about to die, salute you!" An online social dynamic I've had to deal with since even before the Internet.

Don't realistically expect online moderators to necessarily help or protect you. They may or may not enforce alleged policies, but they can't do much about those who pathologically troll the Internet with a highly negative agenda. Where with any venue involving such a broad audience, you either develop a very thick skin or simply avoid them altogether. Better to stick with smaller online communities involving those you can relate to, rather than to venture out into a "coliseum".

Probably not what you want to hear, but rather what you need to know.

Last edited:
As others have noted, report it.

And that is one reason why I stay away from social media. I am not on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.

The sad reality is that if you pursue participating on mainstream social media, given the very broad nature of the Internet that at some point you are bound to attract the wrong kind of attention short of masking your autistic traits and behaviors.

Making avoidance the best defense against such discrimination. In essence, "just say no" to Instagram. Or Facebook, or such and such. It's not rocket science. Otherwise it's best to pretend you're a Roman Gladiator in a coliseum. "Those who are about to die, salute you!" An online social dynamic I've had to deal with since even before the Internet.

Don't realistically expect online moderators to necessarily help or protect you. They may or may not enforce alleged policies, but they can't do much about those who pathologically troll the Internet with a highly negative agenda. Where with any venue involving such a broad audience, you either develop a very thick skin or simply avoid them altogether. Better to stick with smaller online communities involving those you can relate to, rather than to venture out into a "coliseum".

Probably not what you want to hear, but rather what you need to know.

There are sick puppies out there. Is there some reason you thought our forum was involved in instagram?

There are sick puppies out there. Is there some reason you thought our forum was involved in instagram?

Can I assume you're addressing the OP ?

That said, there's a huge difference between Instagram and AF.

I wouldn't consider this particular domain as "fertile ground" for most Internet trolls. Demographically speaking while NTs are welcome, their numbers are minute compared to those who are on the spectrum. Over the years I've had the sense that real trolls just quickly get bored of this domain. Particularly when they discover that so many of us are much brighter than they assumed.

Or have we just been lucky, or can we attribute it to something else?

Last edited:
Can I assume you're addressing the OP ?

That said, there's a huge difference between Instagram and AF.

I wouldn't consider this particular domain as "fertile ground" for most Internet trolls. Demographically speaking while NTs are welcome, their numbers are minute compared to those who are on the spectrum. Over the years I've had the sense that real trolls just quickly get bored of this domain. Particularly when they discover that so many of us are much brighter than they assumed.

Or have we just been lucky, or can we attribute it to something else?
Sorry. Yes. It was directed to the OP.
But l was agreeing with you.

I think one troll is no longer here anymore. He seemed to get wrapped on parking in the driveway as l remember.

Sorry. Yes. It was directed to the OP.
But l was agreeing with you.

I think one troll is no longer here anymore. He seemed to get wrapped on parking in the driveway as l remember.

I remember. Just out of curiosity, would you separately identify an Internet troll from a pathological narcissist or consider them essentially one and the same?

Unable to see past his own perception of the world around him. Where he couldn't relate even with those of us who have problems relating to others who could at least recognize it as a problem.

I have read that misinterpreting manifestations of autism from narcissism isn't all that uncommon. :oops:

Leaving me to wonder...:confused:

Last edited:
I remember. Just out of curiosity, would you separately identify an Internet troll from a pathological narcissist or consider them essentially one and the same?

Unable to see past his own perception of the world around him. Where he couldn't relate even with those of us who have problems relating to others who could at least recognize it as a problem.

I have read that misinterpreting manifestations of autism from narcissism isn't all that uncommon. :oops:

Leaving me to wonder...:confused:

When they cross the line and personally attack you in a thread- at that point - l label them troll. Sometimes we may get upset and lash out, but to continue to lash out and then turn on the entire forum is a supersize troll.

The other (troll) that sticks out is the one that felt Autism was curable. As in just do this and this, and call me in the morning. I label this person as such because they refuse to get into a healthy rebuttal with the forum members who chose to question his generalizations.

Very understandable that other people have an entirely different criterion to judge trolls by.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

On Saturday 8th May 2021, I got cyberbullied on Instagram by jace_dalmton. He called me retard. He called me bad at video games. He insulted my mother.

Can you help me?
learn your rights under the law of your particular country!, in the UK the police can arrest for trolling but I know nothing!!! of any other country

Okay, gonna do my "I've been on the internet for 25 years so here's some sage advice" thing again.

You can report someone like that if you want, but know this: it wont do anything. Really, it wont.

This is the internet. It is like that. All the time. Everywhere. There are people... trolls, if you will... whose entire function on the Net is to get others fired up, angry, irritated, enraged, and so on. Why? Because they think it's funny, and because to them the net is "anonymous", so it's somehow okay to do it on there. There's psychological stuff behind why they do it, but we'll not get into it here.

There is one, and only one, correct answer to deal with trolling like that: Ignore them. Ignore them utterly. Give no response of any sort, and simply block them so you dont have to see their posts.

Now, if someone constantly harasses you... like, coming back again and again and again to post nasty things at you? Somehow doing it even if you've blocked them already? That's actually quite rare, but when it happens, THAT is what the report function is really for. Just for basic trolls? The mods have higher priorities than that, believe me.

Seriously, that's like one of the top rules of the Net: "Dont Feed The Trolls". When you get one coming at ya, just ignore. Just.... ignore. And be sure to block, as that makes the ignoring far easier.

They arent worth your time anyway.

Though, piece of advice #2: Stay off of social media. Seriously, just stay off of it. I guarantee you, it aint doing you any good. It never does. If you want to meet as many trolls and jerks as conceivably possible, social media is where you'll find them. Like a troll magnet.

By putting their name publicly on a site used by people internationally, you've done the same thing to that person, if not worse.

I suggest blocking them. Anyone who ever bugs you on line, just block them, and you'll never hear from them again. I often block people on FB .

Trolls are bullies. Bullies are people who put others down because it is easier than putting themselves up. It is a power trip. The internet makes it worse because there is no way to point at someone and say they did it. Everything is anonymous. There is no way to punch back and it wouldn't matter if you could. A bully doesn't care what you say or think, they just enjoy the power to make you react.

Be extremely limited about who you let follow you and who you follow. Stick to forums where there is real moderation. And if you do encounter a bully, do not respond. ANY kind of response is a success for them because it shows they had the power to make you respond. Another notch on the pistol grip.

Silently block them, unfollow, and unfriend them and get on with life. If it gets really bad, cancel your account and don't go there anymore.

He insulted my mother.
Does he even know your mother...?

I am guessing that he doesn't; that he is just trying to push your buttons.

Being the literalist that I am, whenever a stranger would try to insult my mother, I would think, "This guy has no idea what he is talking about."
She is nothing like that.
It is pretty clear that he has never met her, or he would have a much better opinion of her...
full

(I'm sure that wasn't the reaction he was looking for. :neutral:)

By putting their name publicly on a site used by people internationally, you've done the same thing to that person, if not worse.

To be 100% fair, this isnt quite true.

Reason: the name a troll is using, just like all other users, is just a username. Even if it SOUNDS like a "real name", it's still a user name and almost definitely made up. And if it IS the person's real name... they seriously have only themselves to blame. Rule #1 of the Bloody Internet: DONT USE YOUR REAL NAME ANYWHERE. That one was drilled into my head as a kid, and for darned good reason.

Though, honestly, any real troll already knows that. Someone like that sure as heck doesnt want, say, their employer to stumble upon evidence of awful behavior, so they sure as funky heck wont use their real name online unless they are *deeply* stupid.

But beyond all of that... someone acting like the way that troll was is ALREADY putting themselves publicly all over the place. For most trolls, that's the entire point. They want as much of a reaction as possible. Not JUST from the target, but from anyone else who might wander by. A troll that manages to start something like an entire flame war through ONE insult simply because a lot of people saw that insult? That's one satisfied troll. Trolls WANT to be noticed. If that guy is as much of a troll as he sounds like... I guarantee you, he's already in plenty of other places, publicly, on the Net.

It's just how trolls work.

Hello Everyone,

Can you help me?

If possible, block them. You are allowing someone of no relevence to affect your life. You have put yourself on a social platform where anyone can target you. You are subjecting yourself to being targeting by ignorant people by participating on that platform. You have choices...answering his ignorance will continue the abuse...blocking that person should fix the problem...get off social media and maybe don't subject yourself to online abuse.

I no longer get involved on social media platforms...they steal what limited time I have on this earth. We all have limited time here...I'm not going to let a company profit off of it, nor let idiots waste my time when I could possibly create something productive. I'd rather write music, write a program, create some art, etc. Time wasted on those who don't matter, is time wasted that you will never get back.

I had a guy that was cyberbullying me and insulting me because of my surname and opened profiles where he introduced as me. The only solution was leaving this forum where it happened. At the end that guy was reported to police because he did this to multiple people, including forum administrator. So, block this guy and if he continues cyberbullying report him to police. If it is worrying you much delete your account and make another so only your friends and not him know it's you.

Like I said, block the person, and I suggest you edit your post to remove the person's name off of this post.

New Threads

Top Bottom