• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cue: Background Music. Genre: Awkwarrrd

KillerMidget

Hello Er'body,

KillerMidget here from Johannesburg, South Africa.

(Shyly waves)

I'm a High Functioning Autistic with Comorbid Depression, (abnormally high, even for Autism) Anxiety, ADHD and OCD...

My topic-relevant state of mind fumbles between:
  • I accept my diagnosis.
  • My diagnosis actually has a few perks.
  • My diagnosis absolutely undoubtedly sucks.
  • I freakn love my diagnosis for reasons.
  • Save me.
  • Argh, stupid brain! Where's the off switch?!
  • Look at me, functioning like a boss!
  • Eek!!! Beam me up Scotty!!!
  • Functioning? What's that? Can you eat it?
  • OMW, WHY CAN'T I JUST BE NORMAL?!!
  • Uhm...
  • Short-lived denial.
  • Evade!!!
  • Euhw, humans.
  • YAY! Humans!
  • And many, many more... But you get the picture...
I'm a comedic over-thinking, environment-loving, animal-adoring, got-a-thing-for-words, love-to-feed-my-brain, ok-with-my-cray kinda human living in a world where Autism is generally either misunderstood, dismissed or both... But I endeavour to learn, grow and remain positive... And I guess that's what brought me here...

I could honestly go on forever because the topic is ME and I'm an expert... But I feel like I'm rambling.. I'm totally rambling, aren't I? It's the anxiety, I swear!

(Thoughts: Did I do this right? Will they like me? Should I have said more? Less? Probably less... Oh dear... Re-reads post 10 times... )

Uhm...

K, byyye!

"Look at me functioning like a boss" gave me a chuckle. Welcome to the forum. But be prepared to just be fairly ordinary here. ;)

Hi KillerMidget

welcome to af.png

Yeah, like others said, welcome and let's have fun on the boards!

I too am sometimes mad at the brain I'm stuck with, but I don't dwell on it because that would only make things worse.

Upward and onward!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

There's another user from South Africa on here, @LogicalMind, though I believe he's not quite as active as he used to be, however I could be mistaken

i can go through all of those moods states in a random rotation asides from the first because i was diagnosed so young that theres no "acceptance" on my part im simply me

but you can add "whats the point of anything -insert pessimistic observation about the future here-
or "im worthless everybody just tolerates me im a burden im cant do anything well" which is a result of the times my mild depression rams its hooks into me extra hard though happily it hasn't happened this month.

oh...yea and welcome and apologies for the unnecessary thought vomit im in a good mood right now and when im in said good mood i tend to lose control over the scale of my posts

...but you can add "What's the point of anything -insert pessimistic observation about the future here-
or "I'm worthless everybody just tolerates me. I'm a burden I cant do anything well"

KM says: I can totally relate to those as well...

oh...yea and welcome and apologies for the unnecessary thought vomit im in a good mood right now and when I'm in said good mood I tend to lose control over the scale of my posts

KM says: Hey, I can totally relate to that as well... I was in a good mood when I wrote this Intro Post, with a touch of anxiety and a bundle of nerves... Behold, my Thought Vomit gave rise to my very first post on here... Gotta love the irony, lol.

But seriously, thanks for sharing and for the warm welcome.

New Threads

Top Bottom