• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Critical Core: A DnD—Based Game Designed For Autistic Children and Teens

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Not written by me, obviously. Full Kick-starter page is in the link below.
Critical Core
"A special kind of magic happens when kids gather around a table to play a fantasy role-playing game. Legends are born, friendships are forged, and they begin to experience real-world personal growth.

For the past seven years, we have been using tabletop games as therapy to help kids become more confident, creative and socially empowered. We're ready to help thousands of children around the world, but we need your help!

Critical Core is a tabletop role-playing game designed to help kids on the autism spectrum build social skills and confidence. It's a great way for parents to engage with their children at home, and for professionals and experienced gamers to use as a group social skills tool.

Critical Core is brought to you by Game to Grow, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, and co-developed with autism advocates, parents, therapists, and educators.

• Suitable for cognitive age 9+, including teens and adults.
  • 2 to 4 players recommended, plus one adult that acts as the facilitator. (Game Master)
  • Players must have basic listening and verbalization skills.
  • When running games with young players on the spectrum, parent or certified therapist should be present.
  • Experienced gamers will be able to integrate Critical Core into their favorite platform: Ruleset is adapted and streamlined from D&D's 5th Edition OpenSRD.
  • A great introduction to tabletop role-playing games for everyone."
———​
Now for my thoughts on this. I think this would be pretty great! I'm also pretty sure Autism $peak$ has nothing to do with it, mostly because nobody in A$ even has the slightest clue of what exactly Dungeons and Dragons actually is. I'd play it, as I have played DnD and enjoyed it before.

Edits: Added quotation marks.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom