• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Creative Writing

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
Today I did my best ever creative writing. It's my usual mix of light and dark. I tried to focus as much as I could on the humour and all my friends who read it absolutely loved it.

Facebook rejected it as an ad, so I'm asking if people would be interested in sharing it.

I even wrote to the BBC. I know since COVID there's been many articles on mental health, Autism and art. So I'm hoping I can keep building momentum, and maybe get recognition that enables me to get out of the rat race.

Or maybe I'm just wishing on a salvation fantasy.

Anway, it's posted at the top of my art page:

PS you can view it even if you don't have a Facebook account.

Ed

Fakebook locked me out of my account after it claimed my log-in failed.
I had all of my credentials that I keep in several logs, both online in many places in code and as in dated entries in a book, but it said they were no good.

It next asked me if I wanted to change it.
Three failed attempts later, it locked me out of my account.
I either had to get three Fakebook friends to vouch for me, or provide them with a copy of my legal ID in order to prove it was actually me.

Deleted FB sometime ago, and it's ever more tyrannical way of dealing with its users is one of them.
Enjoyed the read though. Done quite a bit of creative writing myself, but never 'published' anything.
Now, however, I started a blog to force myself to publish things with an added strain to come up with a short and witty description/about/introduction.

@Sherlock77 it starts off with Dieticians hate him!

Thought it'd be amusing to have it begin like click bait.

@Binary_Bark just on my Facebook art page. I should probably have somewhere dedicated to do so. I just don't see where it goes from there if I'm being honest.

Bit like the art page. But I know it's what I enjoy doing, so I'll keep plodding along; even when success isn't forthcoming.

Ed

@Raggamuffin I'm starting up a 'writing' site for creative/free writing & journaling. You know, just for the fun of it.
Thinking that I could add you in as an admin/contributor to the site. It's a free Wix site option at the moment.
Is it something that might tickle your neurons with an ostrich?

I have a suggestion for you.

Facebook is... problematic for some users (including myself), so as an alternative for them, you could try taking the story and uploading it here: Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!

And then link it directly once it's up. You dont need an account to do it, nor do you need one to read it, and the site is as simple as possible to use.

@Misery

Here's the post:

Creativity takes us down many roads. I love drawing, photography, creative writing and humour. Here is something I wrote yesterday which many of my friends enjoyed, I hope you will too:

Dieticians hate him!

A 3 course meal? You're doing it wrong. Always go main and dessert.

We don't need starters here. There's no time for warm ups, or opening acts in this entourage. None of this "pre-workout stretching" business.

Go in,
Go hard,
Tear a muscle you never knew existed,
Quit sport - it's clearly not for you.
"But a main and a dessert is only 2 courses, not 3?"

Thank you Stephen Hawking. If you're a real pro; you'll go all in for a 2nd dessert. Or you'll order in the fromage; and hit that cheeseboard harder than Dresden. That is, before you lose your feet to the diabeetus. Then again, you could always do an Oscar Pistorious - and by that I mean acquire bladed feet and get into running really fast - not shooting your girlfriend.

So many carb free and low sugar diets out there. "Hands off my trash" as the opossum and racoons would say - and I have a real affinity for animals that are considered pests, and people who are called weird. I am a beacon for the broken.

Let me tell you, I live off refined carbs and sugars and I've always been slim and toned. Admittedly, whilst I might appear normal on the outside, I'm sure my insides are running about as effectively as the No. 4 reactor in Chernobyl (post meltdown). Also, I fear the cogs in my brain are turning in a similar fashion to the inner workings one of Dali's melting clocks.

"So how do you stay so thin?"

Well, I was always being told by older, and overweight people, that eventually my metabolism would slow down. I'll have you know that my metabolism holds a land speed record. Truth be told, I think I'm burning hundreds of calories elsewhere on a daily basis. No, I'm not a chronic masturbator.

All you need do is acquire a cake, pour over some custard, add 3 tablespoons of ADHD and season it with 200% of your recommended daily allowance of Autism. Then you too will be fidgeting and stimming your way to a six pack.

"That doesn't sound healthy."

Well, if we're going to discuss sounds - Pop music is adored by billions and I believe that to be little more than a collection of carcinogenic noises. You could push a filing cabinet down a disused mine shaft and still end up with a better song than a lot of the drivel you hear on the radio.

So lets opt for the double dessert. After all; everything is better in doubles:

Double cream
Double whammy
Double Dragon
Double pneumonia

I've said it once and I'll say it again; I'd rather cash out early through excess, rather than stressing out about being healthy, or pretending for one moment that I could ever become one of those "balanced lifestyle", Lycra wearing, skimmed milk drinking, PG rated plebs.

You could argue that it's easy to say this at 35, and that I'll probably change my tune when I'm older. Realistically, life on the spectrum has always had me feeling out of tune with the expectations and beliefs of the world.

In a society that confuses, frustrates and upsets me - cake is an undeniably beautiful thing, and for a brief moment it shuts up the angry hamster in my brain that is forever spinning the vicious circles in my mind. I have no doubt that processed food is little more than poison - but I'm not brave enough for suicide, so this'll have to do.

"You shouldn't joke about suicide."

Oh believe me, you should laugh in the face of all your hardships and adversities. No joke is offensive, and it should be those who claim to be offended who should be the victims of this cancel culture we're drowning in.

Burn bright, and fade out fast. Binge on comfort foods that are making your body uncomfortable.

Let's eat all the cake and be merry. Or you could have a salad with a vinaigrette and try to pretend you're having as much fun as the guy who's eating a family size bag of tasty treats and refuses to share. After all - did we not fight the Communists to ensure we didn't have to allow other people's grubby mitts stealing our sweets?

"But if you eat healthily, your mental health will improve."

Would it were so simple. To say someone with autism is "set in their ways" is an understatement. I tried multiple times to live the healthy life, and it failed to make a worthwhile difference. Thus I felt like a failure and sank deeper into depression. I'll stick with my love of cake. I know it's an abusive relationship, but I know he loves me deep down.

Yes, I'm gay for the cake.

I'm sure I began this waffle with every intention of it being relevant or poignant. Then again it's a waffle - you can't expect too much from it. Just heat it up for 30 seconds in the microwave, add a few scoops of ice cream and crumble up a few of your favourite biscuits on top. Boom, there's your dinner.

Chef excellence.

Ed

Okay, A work in progress. I Think you can guess the context....I do this thing, guessing here I'm not the only one, I start to have ideas, plans, things to do, how to react in certain situations...etc.... etc...... you know how it goes...

The hair of morning sun light

The most beautiful red there can be

A new day to be

Your smile more beautiful than diamond light

As I stare into your eyes

I see the most epic beauty of green

A beauty never seen

A green to mesmerise

There are a billion stars in our galaxy

Countless worlds, countless stars

There is only one as dynamic and beauty

You give each day’s it’s sitars

Tomorrow will never be the same as to day

All you must do is smile

That sun shine will make everyone’s day

The only beauty they need is your smile

I stare and get lost

A magic forest of green

Where I can see what life mean

That without those I’d be lost

Beautifully red

Beautifully shinning

Its your warmth that give me living

Its your smile that keeps me fed

Last edited:
Flow. Threw time, space, and eternity. Flow with the warm light. Flow threw earth earth and sky. Flow threw land and water. Flow threw space and time. Flow threw eternity. Connected to light and spirit. To purpose and moral conviction. Flow threw the given life of all creatures. Of all time and space. Flow threw eternity and feel infinity and beyond. Flow and be at peace in the light.

I’m currently writing a crossover fanfic of Family Guy and Married With Children that is also a sequel to the God Shoes episode. Basically Al wins a lawsuit for copyright infringement over the Vibram Fivefinger shoes and becomes rich and the Bundys move away which makes Marcy very happy until she meets her new neighbors the Griffins. From there she begins to realize that there are far worse people to live next to than the Bundys as her house keeps being damaged by Peter, Chris is madly in love with her and keeps trying to hook up with her, and Stevie keeps using Jefferson as a human guinea pig for his experiments. And Meg is suddenly deemed supermodel attractive whenever she is next to Marcy.

Been gradually working on a series of interconnected fantasy stories for some years. Maybe one day one will get published. Naturally there are ASD characters in them!

New Threads

Top Bottom