• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Crazy Storms!

disconnected

V.I.P Member
It rains a lot where I live. Today’s rain storm on the way home stopped me. The rain was billowing down in sheets and I could not see past the windshield! Seems the weather is getting worse and worse.

And here's me being peed off wi
Me yesterday: FFS is their anything worse than having hornets in the garden, I'm worried the cat might get stung!
Me today: well at least there aren't any gators.

Wasps are worse than Gators.

Only one will fly up in your face.

Gators are lazy. They pretty much wait until a child falls over near them before even attempting to eat.

Also seen some odd stuff in Florida. Main house is in Illinois, but another one is on a tiny island nobody seems to have heard of off of the gulf coast.

A couple of funky things happened over the last year:

1. The hurricane. Aside from one pier... which unfortunately had a big structure on it that was someone's business (had fishing supplies and a place that served food, and was a tourist spot).... nothing was destroyed. However, my father, who had to go down there right when things were calming down just to make sure the house wasnt flooded or something, came back with some photos. He took a picture of where the pier was. Oh, it was still there, at least partially. What was missing was the ocean. It's simply not there in those photos. The storm was sucking up alot of water.... somehow... I'm not a storm scientist, I couldnt tell you how it works. Though someone did try to explain it to me. I'm sure I tried to act like I understood them.

2. The red tide. That sounds like the name of a horror movie where people get eaten by fish or something. Other way around: It's literally a tide of dead fish. Something about... algae, that kills them? I dunno, I'm told it's a naturally occurring thing, happens yearly or something, but it doesnt often smack directly into the bloody island. There's plenty of info on how it all works on the Net. We ended up cancelling a trip down there and just going like a month later instead. With my sensory issues, I wouldnt have been able to handle the unfathomable smell of thousands upon thousands of dead fish. Apparently it took them quite some time to clean it all up.

3. Two words: "love bugs". It's not "weather" per say, but... anyone that lives where those things are should already know exactly what I'm talking about here.

4. It really does rain HARD in Florida, doesnt it? I swear, it's either bright and sunny, or you've already drowned. There's no in-between.

It's been pretty nice here lately but the season is coming. When the land cools down faster than the lakes, we get lake effect rain. Sometimes for 3 weeks straight. Then lake effect snow again when the land gets colder than the lakes.

Are they too lazy to catch cats?
No. They warn people here that they usually don't attack humans except at mating season and mother
gators with young.
But, small dogs and cats are easy prey and it happens all the time.

@Misery I know all the stuff you are talking about.
The red tide was very bad this past summer. So bad it was almost impossible to clean up.
And now we are getting a blue/green algae that is causing problems for fish and respiratory for humans.
On the news today I saw where all the coral is dying of some unknown cause from the Keys on down
into the Carribean.
The marine biologists are actually collecting live coral heads and putting them in aquariums all over the
country and treating those still in the seas with antibiotics to see if it helps.
They may need the live collected ones to restart coral again someday in this area.

So many places here on the west coast are flooded and people can't drive.
I live on a sandy ridge area of this county so we have what looks like a small river behind the house
but it is running off into the bay. The rain just doesn't stop. The pool has to have water pumped out
every morning to keep it from running over.
P6100005.jpg

Thats why wolves dont go to Flordia.:D
Not too sure about that.

I've twice seen what looked to be a wolf rather than our usual coyotes.
Once standing on the edge of some deep, swampy woods looking at the road and once
when we pulled in late at night into our driveway.
There was a wolf looking animal just standing in the yard between our place and the neighbors.
He was much more hefty and shaggy looking than coyotes. His tail was fuller and hung down and
all over more grey than coyotes.
I don't know, but, those two animals looked like wolves.

I was out feeding the frogs tonight when our local coyote clan started whooping it up across the other side of the fairway in back of the house. I start howling and making noises like them. They seem to like it and
rouse even more. They are elusive in the pack. The ones I've seen up close were always alone.

Finally we did not have rain today, at least in the area I live.
But, things are still flooded around and more gators are on the go.
They are now climbing over fences and just swimming around in the yards.

Another interesting science report on the news tonight was about the spiders here.
When there are a lot of storms and rain, the spiders multiply more rapidly and grow extra large.
Nice to know. :confused:
spider-animated.gif

Never easy to see all these storms. Knock on wood though hasn't been much hurricane talk this year. Hope it stays that way.

New Threads

Top Bottom