1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Crashes.

Discussion in 'Obsessions and Interests' started by BrokenBoy, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:23 AM.

1. BrokenBoy

BrokenBoy 戯言使い(Nonsense User)

While I find video game glitches in general to be interesting my favorite ones are the ones that end up crashing the game, though I generally don't care for ones on PC because the program just closes automatically with a boring error message. Game crashes on console are god tier because the screen is frozen forever. I especially love the ones that make loud sounds.

I keep hearing about the game Paper Mario for the n64 and while it sounds fun it's very poorly programmed and doing basically anything can potentially crash the game at anytime.

Is anyone else obsessed with game crashes like I am?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Misery

Misery Photo-Negative V.I.P Member

Oh good grief yes, these can be hilarious.

Some of my favorites happened with the old NES toploader. Like, if something nudged the cartridge too hard, one of two things would happen:

1. The sprites would spaz the heck out. This alone was hilarious.
    2. The graphics would sort of "slice" (hard to explain) and the game would freeze in the same instant, and the thing would let out this loud BROOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!!!!! sort of noise.

Atari 2600 games also tended to get really weird when glitching or crashing.

I tell ya, they dont make game crashes like they used to. These days it's always programs just closing or a blue screen or something, what fun is that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1