• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
While I find video game glitches in general to be interesting my favorite ones are the ones that end up crashing the game, though I generally don't care for ones on PC because the program just closes automatically with a boring error message. Game crashes on console are god tier because the screen is frozen forever. I especially love the ones that make loud sounds.

I keep hearing about the game Paper Mario for the n64 and while it sounds fun it's very poorly programmed and doing basically anything can potentially crash the game at anytime.
Is anyone else obsessed with game crashes like I am?

Oh good grief yes, these can be hilarious.

Some of my favorites happened with the old NES toploader. Like, if something nudged the cartridge too hard, one of two things would happen:

1. The sprites would spaz the heck out. This alone was hilarious.
2. The graphics would sort of "slice" (hard to explain) and the game would freeze in the same instant, and the thing would let out this loud BROOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!!!!! sort of noise.

Atari 2600 games also tended to get really weird when glitching or crashing.

I tell ya, they dont make game crashes like they used to. These days it's always programs just closing or a blue screen or something, what fun is that?

My favourite pasttime around october as a wrestling fan who doesn't watch wwe or play their games much anymore is watch youtubers post glitch compilations. WWE 2k20, the recent game, was the worst one of the past 2 decades. And pretty much every wwe game beforehand was somewhat good or at least decent, at least from what i hear. I haven't bought a wwe game since 2k16 (which came out in 2015). When wwe games went by the name Smackdown Vs Raw 2000 and something, they were pretty good.
When i say 2k20 was really bad, I mean it was REAAAALY bad

. So how come this game was so broken, and how is it worse than previous games even tho i mentioned earlier that i see glitch compilations for every game that releases each year?
Answer:
Yukes, a developer who worked on wwe games ever since even before the 21st century began, up and left. They were unhappy with how 2k, the publisher, was treating them. So they left. Problem was, they owned the engine to the games and 2K did not. This meant that when Yuke's left, 2K was forced to do everything, and i mean EVERYTHING in the game's code, from scratch. And with several months until release, they decided to just rush it to meet wwe's deadline and...this monstrosity was put out to the public. :p The result was really negative reception. People who played the games were either really angry or just laughed at how bad it was and shared clips to the internet of how bad the glitches were. Honestly if you want to go down a rabbit hole of watching hilarious glitches, just look up wwe 2k20 glitches on youtube and you'll find many many videos. It got so bad that even wrestling news sites that typically don't cover wwe games, made articles about how bad 2k20 is. :rolleyes: It's so bad that 2k delayed the next wwe game to 2021. :p

My favourite pasttime around october as a wrestling fan who doesn't watch wwe or play their games much anymore is watch youtubers post glitch compilations. WWE 2k20, the recent game, was the worst one of the past 2 decades. And pretty much every wwe game beforehand was somewhat good or at least decent, at least from what i hear. I haven't bought a wwe game since 2k16 (which came out in 2015). When wwe games went by the name Smackdown Vs Raw 2000 and something, they were pretty good.
When i say 2k20 was really bad, I mean it was REAAAALY bad

. So how come this game was so broken, and how is it worse than previous games even tho i mentioned earlier that i see glitch compilations for every game that releases each year?
Answer:
Yukes, a developer who worked on wwe games ever since even before the 21st century began, up and left. They were unhappy with how 2k, the publisher, was treating them. So they left. Problem was, they owned the engine to the games and 2K did not. This meant that when Yuke's left, 2K was forced to do everything, and i mean EVERYTHING in the game's code, from scratch. And with several months until release, they decided to just rush it to meet wwe's deadline and...this monstrosity was put out to the public. :p The result was really negative reception. People who played the games were either really angry or just laughed at how bad it was and shared clips to the internet of how bad the glitches were. Honestly if you want to go down a rabbit hole of watching hilarious glitches, just look up wwe 2k20 glitches on youtube and you'll find many many videos. It got so bad that even wrestling news sites that typically don't cover wwe games, made articles about how bad 2k20 is. :rolleyes: It's so bad that 2k delayed the next wwe game to 2021. :p
What are some possible reproducible game crashes in that game?

New Threads

Top Bottom