• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Crabber.net: A Twitter clone with extra features and none of the toxicity

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
So, a friend of mine introduced me to this site called Crabber, which is basically a twitter clone. It looks extremely similar to twitter, but has no annoying ads and it does not actually have the toxicity that comes with being on Twitter. I have been using it for about a day, as well.

Similaraties to Twitter: It has the same 280 character limit that Twitter does. It has the same features such as following and liking and posting messages (Crabber posts are called Molts, and there is also remolting and quote molting, which function in the same way as their Twitter equivalents). You can block other people, as well, and also filter out words and NSFW content.

Differences: Crabber has a very small user base. Heck, the official stats say that there are currently only 2,418 active users on the site, and the most followed user is Jake (the website's owner), with only 559 followers. Crabber also has additional features that make it better than Twitter such as allowing you to edit your posts up to 5 minutes after you initially publish them, and also it lets you mark individual posts as NSFW instead of having to make it so that all media you post is marked as NSFW. You are even able to mark text as spoilers.
Screenshot (895).png

I am also pretty sure that there is not a character limit for bios (although it is reccomended to have a short bio still), and you can have other additional info in your bio under a specialty section such as your age, your pronouns, your favorite quote, what song you currently really like, your latest obsession, and even your favorite emoji.

Here is what my Crabber profile looks like:
Screenshot (892)_LI.jpg

And this is what my Twitter profile looks like:
Screenshot (893).png

Another thing I want to talk about is how small the site is more in detail. I think it is this small because it is very new. Heck, that spoiler feature I mentioned was released yesterday, as you can see from the screenshot I posted about that feature. As I said before, it has only just above 2k active members, compared to over a million on large sites such as Twitter. I honestly think this makes it a better environment to Twitter.

Crabber also actually cares about stopping the spread of misinformation and hate speech, and that is largely the reason why there is very little toxicity on the site when compared to Twitter.

All in all, I think it is a pretty good platform? Don't believe me? Just try it out for yourself.

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-11_14-40-32.png
    upload_2021-11-11_14-40-32.png
    350 KB · Views: 126

New Threads

Top Bottom