• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Corstophine Hill

Lemon Zing

Ever been to this hill, or the nearby Edinburgh Zoo?

images.jpeg

I've been to the zoo, way, way back at primary school. I remember almost getting lost (of course!) the penguin show and watching a giraffe give birth.

I've never been up to the top of Corstorphine Hill, the nearest I've been is the hospital on the south side. I think it used to be popular with CB radio operators, I used to hear them up there all the time. Last time I was there I took a radio and heard the zookeepers talking about the penguins, rhinos and mixing feed for some other animals.

I know of the old nuclear bunker under the hill at Barnton Quarry. I heard it was to be renovated and opened to the public as a museum. Not sure how that's going.

I'm more of a Blackford Hill and Braid Hill kind of guy (radio towers!)

I've heard Edinburgh referred to as "like the San Francisco of Scotland" I'm guessing that's a compliment. Could give San Francisco a run for it's money with the hills.

I can't name all the hills off hand, or remember which ones are extinct volcanoes. I can make out Arthur's Seat in the middle and Calton Hill (with the offices of Rockstar North of GTA fame nearby, if they are still there.) to the left in the pic. My view of the city from the east is almost a mirror of that pic.

Craiglockhart Hill.
Calton Hill.
Castle Rock.
Corstorphine Hill.
Braid Hills.
Blackford Hill.
Pentland Hills.
Arthur's Seat.

I believe those are the seven main hills.

New Threads

Top Bottom