1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coronavirus and fear mongering.....

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Major Tom, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Worldwide, Covid 19 deaths are 258, 256 so far. So that's already vastly higher than the revised swine flu figure you quote, and it's growing daily, though social distancing is helping.

2. Ezra

Ezra Relax, it's just chaos.

According to the WHO in this article published in 2017 up to 650,000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year.
    Up to 650 000 people die of respiratory diseases linked to seasonal flu each year

I agree that social distancing, staying home when sick and hand washing/sanitizing is very important. It always has been, although I don't think many took it all that seriously until recently.

3. Bro'Freak

Bro'Freak Well-Known Member

Looks like the UK will start to roll back the lockdown on Monday 11th May. It will be nice to go out & see friends that's for sure.

4. oregano

oregano Judgment day: 25/8/2021? V.I.P Member

@tree, ALL Wal Marts are observing this directive from Bentonville HQ. I went to a Wal Mart Neighborhood Market a couple days ago, which is a smaller Wal Mart that sells only food and pharmacy-type items like personal care and baby care stuff, and they had an employee at the door with an ipad checking off each person as they entered so as to not exceed capacity. It was earlier in the morning so there was no line, but I did ask the door guy if it was OK to enter. The front of the store around the registers is marked off with police style "caution" tape so people can't evade the restrictions. Outside in front of the doors is also marked off so people can't enter via the exit and stuff like that. Safeway is also limiting store capacity.

5. Ezra

Ezra Relax, it's just chaos.

I hear lots of business are anxiously awaiting to be able to reopen so that they can liquidate their stores and declare bankruptcy. I figure that most indoor shopping malls will go out of existence.

6. Bro'Freak

Found this earlier, it can be viewed as a primer regarding COVID knowledge. Needs to be shared.

7. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Is this the same guy as in the video? If so, he is unqualified to opine about "lying virologists" and whether C-19 was made in a lab, and appears to be just another fruitcake who is trying to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon. InfoWars and Alex Jones type person:

Chris Martenson, PhD (Duke), MBA (Cornell) is an economic researcher and futurist specializing in energy and resource depletion, and co-founder of PeakProsperity.com

8. oregano

Chris Martenson is an economist, not a biologist. His Crash Course stuff is informative, but I doubt he knows anything about Covid.

9. Bro'Freak

He is a smart guy, who understands the science, though he may not have a degree in the relevant field it doesn't automatically mean that what he is pointing out is wrong. There is a lot of confusion for example if we look at the news on how to classify this viri. For example "Man Made" can have very different connotations to people depending on their education or knowledge of certain fields. I noticed a discrepancy in news reports & in briefings on this. There's Man made = 100% synthetic, Man Made= Lab spliced etc, Man Made = Forced evolution over many generations in a lab. Only two of these examples seem to be ok in the general discourse but if you imply the latter they will say you are wrong it's not man made when bred in a lab. All to avoid the scrutiny of an elephant sized Frankenstein promising Public health, god hood, economic gain & the promise of tech leading the aspirations of an advanced civilisation.

10. Bro'Freak

11. Bro'Freak

An interesting journey about censorship & how it's becoming an overwhelming issue.

Technofascism: digital book burning in a totalitarian age

as Aldous Huxley acknowledged in Brave New World Revisited:
    "Only the vigilant can maintain their liberties, and only those who are constantly and intelligently on the spot can hope to govern themselves effectively by democratic procedures. A society, most of whose members spend a great part of their time, not on the spot, not here and now and in their calculable future, but somewhere else, in the irrelevant other worlds of sport and soap opera, of mythology and metaphysical fantasy, will find it hard to resist the encroachments of those would manipulate and control it"

12. mw2530

mw2530 Well-Known Member

There have been several studies done now with antibody testing to determine whether someone had previously been infected with the virus. A study in the Miami area indicated an estimated 6% of the population had been infected by the virus. If that estimate is correct, it is far higher than the confirmed cases, about 15 times more. While that might sound alarming, it also means that the fatality rate is much lower than what the media keeps reporting. Essentially we don't know the denominator of the fraction to use in order to determine the true fatality rate. Naturally, many people who only displayed mild symptoms or were asymptomatic, never were tested under the active testing methods. It was either not critical or they never even knew they had it so they never sought a test.

I haven't seen much reporting of these antibody studies in big media. Why not? They seem to want to spread division and fear. I'm not saying the virus isn't serious and some measures are appropriate to mitigate the spread. But we need to keep the problem in perspective. If this virus was not in the news 24/7, would we be as afraid of the problem or as so hyper-aware of it? What if heart disease was in the news for 2 months straight 24/7? Would it not change our behavior? People are still aware of the serious consequences despite this. But we are not constantly thinking about it or fearful of it. Maybe that's b/c it is something that could be a problem for many of us, but perhaps far into the future. Many of us make choices that are not in our best interest health wise on a daily basis. Some of us are more deliberate with their choices. Regardless, there isn't a constant uproar over the unhealthy choices. We need to keep this problem in perspective. Currently, it seems like that perspective is out of focus.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  13. oregano

Bill Gates is one of the premier "new world order globalists" today. He may soon eclipse George Soros as the primary mover of globalist philosophy and action. At least he doesn't seem to have Soros's bizarre messiah complex. He's still dangerous, but he doesn't seem to want to be worshipped as a god, unlike Soros.

14. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

what is happening in apple store?

15. SDRSpark

SDRSpark Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

It looks like they're refinishing the tables while the store is closed. Removing the old varnish in preparation to apply new.

16. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

17. Bro'Freak

Well worth a watch. I'm glad she brought up the sovereignty issue as well. I wouldn't call her a fear monger, she's a person of integrity & strong respect for her people. I like her & wish more MP's would call out the big problems, problems that try to control in order to subvert our democracies to a commercial fascism ruled/controlled by the rich.

18. Yeshuasdaughter

Yeshuasdaughter Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

How about this? The people are infuriated at the manslaughter of a man during an arrest, so what do they do?

During a quarantine when everyone is out of work, and hardly anything is open, they riot, loot, and burn down large and small businesses.

That's using the old noggin.

I guess to them "We're all in this together" has new meaning.

Addendum: I have a feeling Antifa, and more specifically, their boss, George Soros is behind this.

As I have a feeling that George Soros is behind the overreaction to covid in the first place.

19. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

Nonsense. This isn't a political conspiracy. It's a nationwide reaction to systemic racism- not the polarized politics of the left vs. the right. Looks like a broad spectrum of enraged people hitting the streets across the nation to protest the endless and unnecessary killings of Black Americans by policemen.

This is an impromptu event, not an orchestrated political demonstration. And it's getting ugly, spreading like a wildfire. Sadly something some of us older members have witnessed over the decades a number of times. Where the racial melting pot of our nation simply boils over in a collective violent reaction. Compounded this time by all the stresses of the Covid-19 pandemic. And when a great number of people become absolutely enraged over the same issue, don't expect a lot of instant, collective rationality from them.

As for Covid-19, it is killing Black Americans nearly two and a half times that of White Americans. And in some areas, five to seven times higher still. They have a lot on their plate at the moment, and many people have simply had it when it comes to the police murdering subdued Black suspects in their custody.

George Floyd protests spread nationwide: Live updates

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-act.../racism/upload/racism-and-systemic-racism.pdf

Opinion | It’s Not Obesity. It’s Slavery.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

Yeah, awesome way to show support for a murdered black person by looting stores and burning businesses.
    Oh, and burning the police station, how does that further the cause?
    That is in no way a part of the solution.
    When your peaceful protest involves violence and destruction requiring bringing in the National Guard to put an end to it, it shows just how very wrong the entire situation has become.
    Winner my ass :mad:

Last edited: May 30, 2020