• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coriolis Effect Demonstrated...!

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
Smarter Every Day & Veritasium made synchronized Youtube videos for a side-by-side comparison of this effect in their respective hemispheres.

THIS LINK will set up the two videos on a desktop. Each video is given separately below.
Smarter Every Day: The Truth About Toilet Swirl - Northern Hemisphere
Veritasium: The Truth About Toilet Swirl - Southern Hemisphere

Smarter Every Day & Veritasium made synchronized Youtube videos for a side-by-side comparison of this effect in their respective hemispheres.

THIS LINK will set up the two videos on a desktop. Each video is given separately below.
Smarter Every Day: The Truth About Toilet Swirl - Northern Hemisphere
Veritasium: The Truth About Toilet Swirl - Southern Hemisphere
This is bordering on fraud. Look closely, the dye patters in the "southern" toilet are an exact mirror image of the "northern" toilet. Cute. Besides, toilets are specifically designed to force water in a swirling motion, overpowering any Coriolis force, which is a rather weak force.

This is really nothing more than a weak joke.

Besides, toilets are specifically designed to force water in a swirling motion, overpowering any Coriolis force, which is a rather weak force.
The videos agree with you on that point.
Look closely, the dye patters in the "southern" toilet are an exact mirror image of the "northern" toilet.
They give their latitudes at the beginning of the video and they are both in the 30-somethings north & south. Both of these guys are known for their integrity. The graphics against the globe are not photos, so they will resemble each other.

The videos agree with you on that point.

They give their latitudes at the beginning of the video and they are both in the 30-somethings north & south. Both of these guys are known for their integrity. The graphics against the globe are not photos, so they will resemble each other.
I must offer an apology. I based my opinion on the photos of the toilets with dye. The actual videos show something totally different than what was implied, and the science depicted is accurate. Again, I apologize to these two demonstrators.

New Threads

Top Bottom