• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coping with Exams

I’ve always struggled with exam anxiety to the extreme. Any tips on coping with this?
I have had this problem when I was in college. I was a psychology major and took an advanced cognitive psych course. I learned and would over study and use note cards and the chunking method. I was still anxious and then I learned about studying in a place that resembled a classroom. They said studying in the same environment as how and where you will be tested. So, I would go to an empty classroom and study, and especially before the test. I would already be in the classroom and somehow this would calm my nerves. I hope I explained this correctly to you. I am working on my communication skills. If you have questions, please ask. Another idea would be to sniff some essential oils like peppermint.

Last edited:
I only felt that way if I wasn't secure in my understanding of the topic at hand. The few times that I did falter, I understood better when I reviewed my errors. I didn't always get an "A," but my grades stayed north of "C."

And I didn't even mind a "C" in courses that I wasn't really interested in.

It's a huge reason why I homeschool (other than common core ruining math, science, and the humanities). Testing does not prove that you truly understand a subject. It just proves you can memorize basic facts and put them on paper.

Be well prepared in advance. Study, etc. But then relax and rest the few days right prior to the exam.

New Threads

Top Bottom