1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coping with Exams

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZebraAspie, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ZebraAspie

ZebraAspie Well-Known Member

I’ve always struggled with exam anxiety to the extreme. Any tips on coping with this?

2. FIVER

FIVER Well-Known Member

I have had this problem when I was in college. I was a psychology major and took an advanced cognitive psych course. I learned and would over study and use note cards and the chunking method. I was still anxious and then I learned about studying in a place that resembled a classroom. They said studying in the same environment as how and where you will be tested. So, I would go to an empty classroom and study, and especially before the test. I would already be in the classroom and somehow this would calm my nerves. I hope I explained this correctly to you. I am working on my communication skills. If you have questions, please ask. Another idea would be to sniff some essential oils like peppermint.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝️

I only felt that way if I wasn't secure in my understanding of the topic at hand. The few times that I did falter, I understood better when I reviewed my errors. I didn't always get an "A," but my grades stayed north of "C."

And I didn't even mind a "C" in courses that I wasn't really interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeshuasdaughter

Yeshuasdaughter Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

It's a huge reason why I homeschool (other than common core ruining math, science, and the humanities). Testing does not prove that you truly understand a subject. It just proves you can memorize basic facts and put them on paper.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Be well prepared in advance. Study, etc. But then relax and rest the few days right prior to the exam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1