• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
As someone who has actually suffered from thinking, "Does my own family think I'm weird?" And many other things as someone with Aspergers', this article comforts me a lot. Special interests I believe that I also tend to have rigid thinking, and many times have thought, "People are not going to like me and think I'm weird because I still look back on my childhood." However, I continue to live every day as myself, and even when my family seems to doubt my decisions and idosyncracies, I know I'm doing the right thing :) I'm excited for the future, and constantly waiting everyday for my first job interview and when I turn 18. I want to feel like I'm doing something <3

With the "think I'm weird" part, I tend to associate it with this quote:

Sometimes I get anxious when I read articles related to Aspergers'/Autism, cause it makes me think about what others might think of me. But luckily, once I stop thinking about it, I'm okay :)

My Mum tends to infodump to me, and I infodump to her, it's this really lovely bond that we have. I hope that soon I won't be constantly thinking, "Is my family NT or not...?" If they ever get a diagnosis to be the same as me, I would be relieved. But if that doesn't happen, I'll be okay too.

Sometimes I get anxious when I read articles related to Aspergers'/Autism, cause it makes me think about what others might think of me. But luckily, once I stop thinking about it, I'm okay :)
I quit worrying what others think of me long ago. In my oversight of pharmaceutical quality, what I asked myself is "Am I comfortable using this product or having my family use it? The opinions of others would not sway me.

Btw, I was in a pretty bad mood and kinda tired when I wrote this, guess I just like to vent sometimes cause I'm in a tricky situation ^^ I also use a big book to write my negative thoughts, but before I used to text them to others, which might not be the best thing :)

New Threads

Top Bottom