• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resource icon

Cook and Eat; Easy Read Cook Books 2017-04-21

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
toothless submitted a new resource:

Cook and Eat; Easy Read Cook Books - designed for lower functioning individuals who need more of a visual aproach to baking/cooking

these easy read books by the south west yorkshire partnership NHS trust are designed for people with learning [intellectual] disability,as we process imagery better than language and need specific help with things like having one step at a time and help with counting.

the books are well worth an investment if yourself or someone you know would benefit from a helpful easy read visual cookbook.

Read more about this resource...

i like tje stick it in the oven wait for the lovely smell took it off a shelf then out of its packet type if cookbook
or eat it the second you get from the shop food

I tried to rate this resource many stars, because I loooove these! Huge help for someone like myself who needs instructions in picture format, as I need things to be said simply, broken down. Excellent!

Seems like a good book. Wonder what the print is like. Plus unlike some SN cookbooks it doing use PECS pictures (that I can see) which I find distracting. May have to invest in a copy.

Seems like a good book. Wonder what the print is like. Plus unlike some SN cookbooks it doing use PECS pictures (that I can see) which I find distracting. May have to invest in a copy.
Maybe not on closer inspection too many pictures for me but I will be recommending it to people I know.

i just want to make a point-just because the book is designed for people with learning/intellectual disability,it doesnt mean you have to have that to get the book,if its laid out in a way that would help you,you should go for it, i ordered the baking version the other day,its coming on monday and i shall do a review. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom