• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Constant Tiredness

Do you feel constantly tired?

• Total voters

randomasd

Hi all,

Just interested, do any of you feel constantly tired? Both physically and/or mentally?

For background:
I get around 7-8 hours sleep each night. Thats up from around 1-3 hours per night i use to get before trying out different methods. No matter how much sleep i get, no matter the quality of sleep i get - i am tired from dawn until dusk.

Just wondering if anyone felt the same.

I struggle getting deep sleep so often feel physically and mentally tired. Mostly I feel like I am in a mental fog and struggle paying attention and listening.

I do feel constantly tired.
There was another thread on this not long ago.
Everyday living is stressful and always a level of anxiety.
I think that is the cause. If I can find the luxery of being able to get 8-10 hours sleep
the difference is awesome. Some days I only get 5-6.
I feel guilty at getting the amount I need because the guy I live with just says I'm lazy
and not keeping up my share of the load when it comes to house and garden work.
So that's always on my mind.

Hi all,

Just interested, do any of you feel constantly tired? Both physically and/or mentally?

For background:
I get around 7-8 hours sleep each night. Thats up from around 1-3 hours per night i use to get before trying out different methods. No matter how much sleep i get, no matter the quality of sleep i get - i am tired from dawn until dusk.

Yep. I'm always tired. Like you said no matter how much sleep. Huge part of the reason I'm only working part time right now. What to do? Wish I knew. Takes me a while ( couple hours) to really wake up as well. I don't speak much until I really feel awake, I tend to grumpily mumble. Mumble mumble caffeine mumble $#!& caffeine mumble mumble. Usually by lunchtime I'm finally awake and can form and speak sentences.

Just wondering, have you been to a doctor about the tiredness? It definitely could be anxiety related, and it's definitely not an unusual symptom at all, but it can also be a symptom of a whole host of physical things too. Maybe just checking it with a doctor wouldn't be a bad idea, just so you can rule out a physical cause.

Yes. Partially because of the demands of work and other stuff going on in my life, partially due to the medication I'm now on.

Yes. Partially because of the demands of work and other stuff going on in my life, partially due to the medication I'm now on.
This pretty much sums it up. Some days I wake up feeling relatively energetic, but that never lasts through the day.

Hi all,

For background:

No matter how long I sleep for I'm always exhausted. 24/7 I feel like a giant weighted bag dragging each limb. I wish I could feel more rested.

Just wondering, have you been to a doctor about the tiredness? It definitely could be anxiety related, and it's definitely not an unusual symptom at all, but it can also be a symptom of a whole host of physical things too. Maybe just checking it with a doctor wouldn't be a bad idea, just so you can rule out a physical cause.

I haven't ... yet! I need to at some-point anyway so will defo mention it. Thank you!

Make sure to examine y'alls diets as a possible culprit as well! I used to get exhausted by 1-2pm everyday and haven't since I started eating better and exercising.

Last edited:
Yes! I require sleep. I typically get in bed around 8pm.

I thought we where tired from masking and pretending all day, do they guys think that’s accurate?

Yes! I require sleep. I typically get in bed around 8pm.

I thought we where tired from masking and pretending all day, do they guys think that’s accurate?

If I have to be out and about, YES. I spend 2-3 hours winding down from it.

Last edited:
I'm hyposensitive to fatigue so no. I'm either wide awake and alert or fighting against impending Zzzzs. I get about 5-6 hrs on a good night. 8 on a weekend if I'm lucky. Arthritis doesn't help 'cos if I wake up too early there's rarely any chance of dozing off again due to morning pain & stiffness.

I agree with Fino. Start off by examining your diet and exercise patterns. If you're eating well and getting enough exercise then yes, you may need to see a doctor if you're always fatigued. If you're constantly around people however then you may just need to get some time alone to recharge. Start with simple solutions and work to the more complex. Diet, exercise, social battery depleted... if none of these are the culprit then look elsewhere but don't overthink things. Examine the simple solutions first.

If you're not sure what a decent diet and basic exercise entails then do the research. If funds are tight then diet options may be limited but there are some cost effective ways of getting nutrients. You don't have to be rich to eat right but sometimes you may have to make due with foods you don't necessarily prefer.

If you honestly have no idea what could be causing your tiredness, it could be autistic burnout. In my past experience, stressful situations, prolonged social interactions (such as during work) and too much sensory input can lead to autistic burnout. For me, that means that I feel incredibly tired and have to nap for the majority of a few (or more) days to recover. I had seen a doctor about my fatigue and they didn't find anything, but upon doing more research, I concluded that it was autistic burnout. I quit my part-time job because it had gotten to the point where I was so tired I couldn't go into work or function properly.

Yes, I am feeling tired pretty much everyday since a month ago. All I know is that I am so upset about having to stand noises all day. Seems like it is impossible to be in a peaceful place.

Regardless how mush i try to get enough sleep EVERY day i feel compleatly drained & fatigue (NOT when i driving tho for whatever reason) and every morning im not rested out. Taking naps dont even help and only makes things worse to be able to fall a sleep at night instead. For me id say it comes from my LONG list of multiple diagnosis i had since birth.& general non existing life situation

Last edited:
Since socializing more with various Church groups I have been even more tired. Also some days I have trouble sleeping where yesterday "I worry and have trouble sleeping" I only got about 5 hours of sleep yet I still attended pre-service morning prayer, the actual service then lunch after with the Life Group. Of course when I got home I took a nap then an few hours later went to bed.

New Threads

Top Bottom