• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

considering a new phone- looking for suggestions

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Any suggestions for new Verizon compatible phones I should consider? Maybe within $400-600 range?

First, I would not buy any phone that is locked to a provider. Second, I would stay FAR away from anything Android (google) or IOS (Apple). Both do nothing more than harvest your data and you pay them an EXORBITANT amount for a phone to do so. If you must have either, then it's all personal preference really. Third, I would personally go for the Pine64 or FXTec...both are linux-based phones that are not tracked or "calls home" to a large corporation to sell YOU to advertisers or governments. Yes...they are selling you. I personally bought an Android phone, wiped it out and loaded another operating system on it. Anyway..these are only but a few now available:

Fairphone 3
e.foundation
Pine64
FXTec

There are a number of more choices coming due to how much google and apple spy on us all...people have finally gotten tired of it all and wanting change.

First, I would not buy any phone that is locked to a provider. Second, I would stay FAR away from anything Android (google) or IOS (Apple). Both do nothing more than harvest your data and you pay them an EXORBITANT amount for a phone to do so. If you must have either, then it's all personal preference really. Third, I would personally go for the Pine64 or FXTec...both are linux-based phones that are not tracked or "calls home" to a large corporation to sell YOU to advertisers or governments. Yes...they are selling you. I personally bought an Android phone, wiped it out and loaded another operating system on it. Anyway..these are only but a few now available:

Fairphone 3
e.foundation
Pine64
FXTec

There are a number of more choices coming due to how much google and apple spy on us all...people have finally gotten tired of it all and wanting change.
Yes, so glad everyone is woke! We know what they are doing. Thanks to maybe an Aspie Mr. Snowden.

Fairphone 3 can now be bought with a ‘de-googled’ OS

Any suggestions for new Verizon compatible phones I should consider? Maybe within $400-600 range?
You can get cheap phones, smartphones eat electric, avoid Apple they rip people off, even after they were forced to pay back millions.

Android is ok
but I had problems with Google in my area.

Windows is expensive but apparently governments like that system,Nokia was good but not Android for me.

avoid a contract that gives you a phone ,you can get a free SIM in the UK, SIM free phones(unlocked), free you up ,so you could have pay as you go phone (burner phone) SIM from as many companies as you like.

I get deals ,but I barely use for voice calls,if you've got a contract with Verizon, don't get the top end price usually smartphones, the screens get damaged too easily on touch screen phones and they burn out if you use for the internet.

Last edited:
I had too much problems with andriod stuff, I only use apple now. the reviews of the pixal 4a seem good though, it just won't be as good as newer iphone or be supported as long. IVe thought of saving to get one just for fun.

I don't know Verizon as I am in UK with tescomobile.
I use android, hopefully my next phone will be iPhone.
I used to use Microsoft and have switched to Mac, so much better and user friendly with less problems.
Apple for the win.

New Threads

Top Bottom