• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Connectiion between Asperger's and Dizzy Spells?

katramey87

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could give me answers about my sister, who has Asperger's. For a while now she has been complaining of dizzy spells, and headaches. She says that there is pressure in her head that feels as though she is being tugged back and forth. I've tried searching around the internet, but I haven't been able to find any articles that are actually readable (the words "dizzy" and "Asperger's" come up a lot together in the same articles, but many of the sites lead me to a dead end when I click them), so I came here, hoping that I could get a few answers. Is dizziness a common thing? I'm worried about her, and my parents don't give me many answers about what's going on with her, and I just want to know. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this. Have a great night!

I have read that people with asperger's can experience vertigo (which is pretty much what your describing). I get it quite bad. Its something to do with the clumsiness that aspie's can experience from recollection. When I experience vertigo it feels like someone is trying to drag me to the ground by my head and I sort of wander around drunk like. I get very light headed and find it hard to concentrate.

I used to get bad migraines and never know why but I think that was related to my photo-sensitivity. And spending hours in front of a computer lol. When I moved to another country they stopped and when I went to visit my home country they started again. I'm thinking that because the sun is more intense in my home country it gives me headaches where as the heat is bad in the country I live in now but the sun isn't very intense. Though the heat gives me eczema on my eye lids and that makes it hard to see sometimes.

I don't know if anything can be done to relieve this. I just try to keep hydrated. and eat healthy. Eating healthy I find can relieve a lot of the symptoms that are harder to deal with like the vertigo and headaches.

It could just be stress. However, it could also be related to sensory overload.

I can get very lightheaded when around fluorescent lights and sometimes must leave the building before I feel better. It's one of the ways that I am photosensitive. Perhaps that is what is troubling your sister?

It could also be something as simple as an ear infection, I get those occasionally, actually I'm recovering from one right now and when I tilt my head to the right I feel like I'm going to fall over.

I get dizzy spells at work on occasion, usually getting up from my chair. More troubling is my difficulty in going down stairs (or occasionally escalators); it can take a while to climb down. The question is whether it's autism or my medication, which has this kind of thing as a side effect.

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could give me answers about my sister, who has Asperger's. For a while now she has been complaining of dizzy spells, and headaches. She says that there is pressure in her head that feels as though she is being tugged back and forth. I've tried searching around the internet, but I haven't been able to find any articles that are actually readable (the words "dizzy" and "Asperger's" come up a lot together in the same articles, but many of the sites lead me to a dead end when I click them), so I came here, hoping that I could get a few answers. Is dizziness a common thing? I'm worried about her, and my parents don't give me many answers about what's going on with her, and I just want to know. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this. Have a great night!
already You can try Anti-vert it's a motion sickness drug see if her doctor will prescribe it or you can find it over the counter Dramamine. That helped me at first, then I went on a very low sodium diet it helped the dizziness and the migraines stopped. I hope this helps, good luck!

Sorry! First time at this site! So try Dramamine (over the counter) Doctor's prescription Anti-vert (brand name) or meclizine (generic). It helped me at first, but the low sodium diet took care of the dizziness and the migraines. There is also Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy that her doctor can send her to. Again, good luck

New Threads

Top Bottom