• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Congratulations! It's Asperger Syndrome

Congratulations! It's Asperger Syndrome 2014-03-04

Brent

Administrator
Brent submitted a new resource:

Congratulations! It's Asperger Syndrome - This book is essential reading for anyone working with adults on the Autism Spectrum.

Born in 1955, I was raised in rural South Auckland, New Zealand. I loved our cosy little house, kept warm by the Aga coke-burning stove. I spent a lot of time playing on the floor with my plastic dinosaurs and farm animals. In those days, these toys came free in the cornflakes packets.

When I was little, I never learnt to crawl; instead, I propelled myself around the linoleum floor on my stomach, using my limbs as flippers. When I finally began walking at twenty-two months of age, the Plunket...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for putting it up Brent.

I found there was a lot very similar with her, she was only 5 miles from where I live and we both worked at the Papakura library almost at the same time

Jen Birch who wrote the book helps out at the Auckland autism drop in group meetings, I have now meet her several times now

New Threads

Top Bottom