• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Confessions from the Spectrum

Sorry you had to deal with that.

I'm not sure if this is part of the autistic side of me, but I don't really understand why someone would want to steal someone's pet. Even as a prank, it seems odd and irrational.

@Darkkin -

I am sorry that you had to experience this unfortunate incident, but am glad your much loved family members are ok.

I would recommend pursuing this with the police and pressing charges. If you let this teenager off the hook, she will most likely try it again with someone else’s pet or even try to poison yours.

One thing you may want to consider is purchasing a few trail cams and placing them around your home. They are relatively inexpensive, are motion activated, and the SD cards can hold over 10K photos. I have numerous trail cams on my properties and pull the cards every two weeks to see what critters have been passing through.

The better trail cams emit no light, so the animal or human are totally unaware of its presence. I order all of my trail cams from the company below that provides excellent customer support and they double the warranty. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or contact the guys at the link below.

In all honesty, I get the vibe that this kid didn't want to hurt Potato Cat, she wanted to keep him. It never occurred to her that Potato Cat would refuse, freak out, and fight back. She just desperately wanted a cat and Potato Cat was the first one she saw.

It was a stupid and impulsive thing to do, but she wasn't acting out of malice. And this kid was only middle school age, probably lower end of the age bracket 11 - 12ish.

I think you are being a bit too kind, a 12 year old who tries to take a cat out of someone elses home through a window, has some serious issues that quickly need to be fixed. Things she must learn, like the difference between "mine" and "yours" and "you do not steal peoples pets". But I guess her parents should take the blame. They didn' teach her those things. At 12 she's too old to do things like that.

@Darkkin -

Thanks for the story on Zwi. We have been blessed to have had six Greyhounds, and like individuals on the spectrum, they are all different. Four are waiting for me in Heaven (Apache, Joy, Pearl & Bongo) and Winnie & Pixie are thriving and having a fine time running our trails and exploring.

I would be lost without my much loved companions.

A long long time ago when I was very little, I was taking karate classes. My mouthguard that I had to wear was brothering the living heck out of me. It was crumbling apart and leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I spat in the classroom.

The teacher was furious.

I've been haunted ever since.
I suspect your plastic mouth guard , had the plasticizer migrating out of it leaving real bitter taste

New Threads

Top Bottom