• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Computer error message

Progster

Grown sideways to the sun
V.I.P Member
I keep getting an error message when I try to access a website:

MySQL ERROR: Check server logs to see more information about this issue.

Could someone please tell me what this means and what I can do about it? I'm running Windows 10, using Firefox. I've tried using a different browser, but get the same result. I can't find any helpful information. I checked to see if the site is down or not, but it's just me.

Could someone please tell me what this means and what I can do about it? I'm running Windows 10, using Firefox. I've tried using a different browser, but get the same result. I can't find any helpful information. I checked to see if the site is down or not, but it's just me.
I could be wrong, but my first impression is that it might be a message from the server, rather than from your side of things. There's one site I go to that, if it's about to crash, sends me a message like that. If that's the case, there's nothing more to do than understand what the message is telling you. There's a program out there that I used to have a link to (and can't find at the moment) that's called 'is it me or is it the server?' or something like that. That could tell you if my guess might be right.

I could be wrong, but my first impression is that it might be a message from the server, rather than from your side of things. There's one site I go to that, if it's about to crash, sends me a message like that. If that's the case, there's nothing more to do than understand what the message is telling you. There's a program out there that I used to have a link to (and can't find at the moment) that's called 'is it me or is it the server?' or something like that. That could tell you if my guess might be right.
Oh... it just came back online. Panic over :) I just accessed it. Thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear your site came back. Meanwhile, I found a program like the one I was referring to. I realize that you may be the only person on this site who's ever received weird messages from a server ;), but just in case others have similar problems, here's a link that I bookmarked as soon as I found it:

Is it down right now?

It's a great way to avoid those tearing-your-hair-out moments.

I wish I could better answer this for you, but it was possibly a server glitch which may or may not relieve itself.

Please keep us posted if it persists.

I got similar, when I tried to go into our online banking and then, finally a message came up to say that maintenance is underway.

If the error only appears in some sites, it is the site itself that is doing something.

Thanks for the replies. The problem no longer exists, so I guess it was the server having issues.

Glad to hear your site came back. Meanwhile, I found a program like the one I was referring to. I realize that you may be the only person on this site who's ever received weird messages from a server ;), but just in case others have similar problems, here's a link that I bookmarked as soon as I found it:

Is it down right now?

It's a great way to avoid those tearing-your-hair-out moments.
Thanks. I did try a site like this, but it told me that it was only me who was having the problem. Which was why I was starting to get worried and made the thread.

SQL is the abbreviation for Structured Query Language and it is always a server error. They were probably doing maintenance or had a bad line of code when you got the message. MySQL is open source (Free use) programming for data bases. The Microsoft version is referred to as Sequal server. They both require a "Call" before they start the EXE.

... I did try a site like this, but it told me that it was only me who was having the problem. ...
Hmmm ... haven't seen that one. I have this very long (mental) list of ways that a computer will try to mess with your head. Just when you're beginning to figure things out, it'll throw you another curve ball. I'll definitely add that one to the list.

New Threads

Top Bottom