• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vindicator Phoenix

She/her pronouns
V.I.P Member
If you have autism, say something nice about a neurotypical person you've met, or something nice about neurotypical people.

If you're neurotypical, say something nice about someone with autism, or about people with autism.

I've met some neurotypical counselors, over the last five years, and they were some of the nicest people I've ever met. They empathized wonderfully and nonjudgmentally, seeing my cotton soul through my stone face. I could be vulnerable, around them, and they supported me. Too often, I've been revered for mathematical and linguistic proficiency. These counselors complimented my soft side, and that meant more to me than every test grade I've ever scored. I value my empathy more than my logic, and through highlighting the former, my counselors brightened my soul in a way that made me tingle; they saw my true face, and made me feel beautiful. I'll never forget them. :blush:

Im part both and no diagnosis

I like how helpful, dedicated, friendly, supportive, gentle, cute, bright are most auties here and my boyfriend and ex gf.
I like the fact they get good at knowledge that makes up their interests and I find it interesting that people can like things so much and get pleasure and positive experiences from it.

I like the logical thinking, and the way they use their resources to understand the world and work with their differences to better communicate and that they try to make connection with others. I think some are pretty loving and accepting of humans from the get-go, like the open minded guy I met recently, even though they've probably been hurt a lot and it's hard for some if them.

I love how funny these people are: Fino, Fridge as of lately, Tom, and others.
Their jokes make my day.

Assuming she was a NT, I talked to this nice granny on a bench and she was considerate and nice. She had worried that she was talking too much when I was quiet for a lot of the time, but I assured her Im just normally quiet. She was quite lonely, living alone.

Last edited:
The entire French department at my school has some of the nicest professors I've ever had. One of them noticed I was struggling and gave me an accommodation without me having to ask or provide any sort of note. Two of my professors have called me into their office to say not to worry, that I'm doing wonderfully in the class. I feel like they're always looking out for me and doing their best to encourage me and I appreciate it so much.

I had to give it some thought. But the last job I had there were 2 ladies - both were my bosses - that were great. They always gave praise and never criticized. And they both defended me when need be.
Once a family called and told my boss I acted fine and did a good job when I was at their home but they thought they could smell alcohol on my breathe. My boss asked me about it - I told her I don't drink (but I had dabbed some rubbing alcohol on a fever blister that was trying to come up) and that was the end of it. She knew me and trusted me.
The man from another office that reviewed all our paperwork would tell me that he always liked when he seen my name on the papers because he would know they were going to be right and not give him headaches.
But they always let me do things in my own way and trusted me to just do my job. First time I ever had bosses that left me alone and didn't stay on my back for stupid stuff that would have nothing to do with the job. In the past I've been written up for yawning, told I couldn't wear something and would say she'd find something in the policy book - thought she never could, etc, etc. So these bosses from my last job were the best.

Mrs. L, for meeting up with me outside of academia and becoming friends. For walking in the park and telling me that I was brilliant at something. For never letting me win a game of racquetball without a prolonged battle:)

Brother C, my thesis advisor, for not treating me differently from any other student when I was the only female in his group.

Mrs R, in high school who encouraged me in every class. You were a great teacher!

Arnold and Alex, my two favourite bosses. Who treated me well and were a lot of fun to work with and for.

They excell at crowd making.

Crowd640.jpg

I really appreciate any NT that is super-friendly and down to earth. They make me feel like I'm not so weird after all. They are skilled, or blessed, with the ability to make those of us with social anxiety feel relaxed instead.

Well, what can I say- you'll here are just fabulous and that's the truth. Your acceptance, humor, kindness, supportiveness and creativeness make this place a hands down winner. Also love your honesty, willingness to say it like it is, and friendliness. If I left anything out please forgive me.

People on the "other side" run the gamut of personality traits from A to Z just as those on the spectrum do. I know there hasn't been any bashing and I'm not trying to stir things up, just thought I'd toss that in for good measure.

That said, I'd have to give my thanks to family and friends of family, first and foremost, along with others thus far who have helped me tremendously on this journey called life. This also goes for the rotten apples - thank you too, I'm learning from every single experience and you're only serving to make me more resilient in a sometimes harsh world. I don't quite remember everyone or everything, but the lessons have stuck like glue.

If you have autism, say something nice about a neurotypical person you've met, or something nice about neurotypical people.

If you're neurotypical, say something nice about someone with autism, or about people with autism.

I've met some neurotypical counselors, over the last five years, and they were some of the nicest people I've ever met. They empathized wonderfully and nonjudgmentally, seeing my cotton soul through my stone face. I could be vulnerable, around them, and they supported me. Too often, I've been revered for mathematical and linguistic proficiency. These counselors complimented my soft side, and that meant more to me than every test grade I've ever scored. I value my empathy more than my logic, and through highlighting the former, my counselors brightened my soul in a way that made me tingle; they saw my true face, and made me feel beautiful. I'll never forget them. :blush:

I love that my ex (suspected ASD) bf (still friends) follows through on what he says he will do- reliable. You always know where you stand with him. He has strong sense of justice; he stands up for what is right. He’s very well-read and intelligent. He is loyal and will do almost anything for me and other friends. He is a good listener. He’s quiet so I don’t have to compete for talking time. He doesn’t get overly emotional over things. He’s independent and never made unreasonable demands of my time. Now I’m wondering, why is he my ex?

Im greatful to my family. In spite of how little i can do to help lift their burdens. They still put up with me. Greatest bunch i know. I believe some of them may be secret aspies too. But they dont want to know.

A lot of counselors in my camp are amazing, our group leader is really cool and funny.

he try's to make me and the other kids smile. the director is stern but kind.

some of my old teachers are really nice as well and really helped me out.

Finally this one friend I know who is nt wrote a book with her aspie daughter about tools for Nero diversity and is now running a nonprofit about blogging videos and even a movie about it.

I meet him at his book signing and now were friends

here's a link to his site about neurodiversity if your interested in his site

HomePage - DIFFERENT BRAINS

New Threads

Top Bottom