• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Completely baffled

Fluffy

Hi all, I have been exploring my self diagnosis of Asperger's through a lot of reading and the taking of online tests. In order to understand my relationship with my partner and where he sits on the neurodiverse neurotypical scale, we decided to sit down together and do the rdos.netm"Aspie Quiz" which I think quite a few of you will be familiar with. Here's the baffling part though, at the end of the quiz, I selected calculate result and it told us "You have answered inconsistently on too many control-questions" and gave no result. Even after changing a few "don't knows" to yes/no, the same response was given.

I find this maddeningly annoying. I'm quite baffled as the answers were truthful.

It sounds like your answers don't quite fit the pattern for Aspergers that the quiz was designed to pick up. So further testing would be necessary. Every quiz like that has its limitations built in, of course.

I took three online tests. And while I test very high, meeting me in person threw several professionals: I make eye contact and verbally communicate easily.

This isn't like looking through a microscope and saying "There it is." We all vary in our expression of our neuro-atypicality.

It was just curiosity to be honest. I know where I stand on the scale but we were intrigued to find out what the test had to say about him. It's not really important in the scheme of things.

New Threads

Top Bottom