• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

common experience illustrated

tree

Blue/Green
Staff member
V.I.P Member
Dharma Comics: Thinkaholic

DharmaComics_Thinkaholic.jpg

This is a find. I wandered around a bit, and fell into an article about "why we attach to our struggles" and who we could be without them. Snapshot: there's a difference between using your struggles to define yourself, and using your gifts to do so. Which do I want, the life of survival or the life of service? The latter choice is a two-for-one deal. (Assuming I actually understood what I read.)

Translating that to mundane matters like employment is a challenge for me, but maybe that's how I reduce service to survival. This is a break in the clouds for me, maybe. Good thread start, tree, thank you.

The painting I'm working on "talks" about that for me instead of words, so it was cool you posted this cartoon about it today.

What do these 2 pictures together say to you?
What sort of story does it make in your head?

If these images don't illustrate anything to you,
don't feel obligated to say so. This is an invitation
to people who think in pictures or enjoy thinking
about pictures.

1) The sun is trying to hide from the hungry pterodactyls. Run sun run! They have seen you!

2) Some kind of weird spectrum laser weapon guiding in heart shaped anti-cloud bombs.

Conversations.JPG

too many people talking
is anybody listening?
one person isn't talking
what does he have to say?
would anybody listen?

I've read that people with AS tend to care less about gender/sex/orientation than NT people. Personally, I strongly share that view and wonder if you guys do too.

I believe that we all fall on overlapping and intertwining spectrums of identity and expression but it rarely influences how I see or treat people.
1600-Genderbread-Person.jpg

What do these 2 pictures together say to you?
What sort of story does it make in your head?

If these images don't illustrate anything to you,
don't feel obligated to say so. This is an invitation
to a few people who think in pictures.

The picture on the left - the sun is playing hide and seek with the birds.
The picture on the right - the cloud has belly ache from eating all those hearts, which is why it keeps twitching.

Where else to put the differences between boys & girls?
IDK. So here it is.
They do agree toward the end, though.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom