• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

College clubs

GBWest

I'll be attending a new college in August. Was wondering what every one's thoughts are on joining any of the clubs. Any reason to do so, any reason not to (besides obvious stuff like being interested in the reason for the club or not being interested, etc.)?

Had two clubs in mind, but I'll probably just not bother.

Well it depends really if you like the kind of club it is. My husband met his best friend at a club at college. Many of our friends came to be through clubs at university. If you have similar interests, it can be helpful in meeting like minded new people.

Last edited:
Being a music major is basically like joining a club so I didn't have to join a club, but if I had been one of the more disconnected majors, I would probably join a club. My only goal would be to meet nice people and if people aren't nice I would try a different club.

Remember that friends can be good to have.

What two clubs did you have in mind?

If you are going to be living in a residence hall you might meet people there; but if not, you will have a hard time getting friendships living off-campus.

Then that fact indicates it might be more important to you to join clubs. What clubs are you interested in?

What are your interests? I'm sure there may be a club at the college that would fit that interest. I've always enjoyed politics so in college I was on the student council. Whatever club you join good luck to you.

I joined my faculty’s magazine as an editor, writer and cartoonist. It was a fun time because I shared a lot of interests with the other members of the club. Even the ones I didn’t share a lot of interests with, I got along with because we had the magazine in common so we always had something to talk about. I was in that group from 2007 to 2013 yet I still regularly hang out with most of my former “colleagues”, even the ones I didn’t have anything in common with in the start. We go on yearly holidays together if our schedule permits it, which is pretty fun :)
I can recommend joining a club, especially if you’re good at something. Newspaper, photography, playing a musical instrument, doing sports. Anything really. It’s a good way to make friends and broaden your interests, and it looks good on your CV to boot.

I joined the Outdoor Pursuits club at uni and it was a great idea. We did loads of fun activities and I made 2 great friends and lots of friendly acquaintances.

New Threads

Top Bottom