• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Collecting model trains,a aspie trait?

Mr_Alex

I am going to admit,I have a craze collecting model trains mainly Marklin and this year for some reason,I decided by random to order 2x 37939 aka KPEV P10

37939.jpg

2x 42767
42767.jpg

My parents found out about my purchases once and when they saw the receipts,they were mad lets say a steam loco costs $800+ with sound and etc

Mr_ Alex it could be worse. you could collect full size trains then see what they have to say.

I use to race R/C cars for one car you were looking at a similar price. $4-500 for a kit, upto $200 for one battery then you would have about 5 or 6 batteries, then the radio gear was about $200+.

I keep "looking" at the N-gauge sets made by Bachmann (?) on sale in the UK but never committed to buying one because I'd want to make everything perfectly to scale, the exact colour, with the correct rolling stock....I'd never see the outside of the house again

My mum collects models and pictures of trains, planes and fishing vessels. She's not a Aspie, she just likes them rather than flowers or dresses or shoes or make up. My little girl likes toy cars :) I think she is a Aspie.

I'm into it. My Dad got me started as a kid. The last 8 years I haven't done any of it due to raising My daughter and not having the time or money, but She is 9 now and I have been thinking about breaking out my N guage stuff again.

New Threads

Top Bottom