• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cobra Kai

LadyS

One eye permanently raised it seems...
V.I.P Member
Anyone else a fan of the show?

It's been an obsession. I don't think I've ever seen a better blending of old and modern day characters and story. It's also the only show (that I know of) that has brought back ALL of the original characters AND actors from the movies, no 'look alike' replacements which is rare. As well as the old scenery, props, and even shooting locations (wait so Golf n Stuff is really still there?)

It can be pretty cheesy I admit, but I like to think of it as continuing the undercurrent from the movies. I hate it when they try to modernify everything and shallowify the characters.

When it first came out I was very skeptical but it really outdid itself. And the fact that you start rooting for the "bad guy" after finding out his backstory, I love when plotlines do that. When they make someone more complex so it's not all black and white. And William Zabka, so hilarious. The soundtrack is on point too, and all the 80s nostalgia takes me back to when I first saw the movie.

Great stuff.

I watched it through once, religiously. it is lovely. and you have reminded me of it. time to watch it again. The karate kid movie also, with jackie chan is great.

I've yet to watch it but I have watch the Critical Drinker's reviews of the seasons and he's mostly positive about it.
I can't post anything as he tends to swear every so often (and the forum is strict on that stuff), but I did like what he had to say and Cobra Kai is on my "to watch" list.

I've yet to watch it but I have watch the Critical Drinker's reviews of the seasons and he's mostly positive about it.
I can't post anything as he tends to swear every so often (and the forum is strict on that stuff), but I did like what he had to say and Cobra Kai is on my "to watch" list.
its good. its their lives after the 1980's karate kid movies. worth the watch

I don't always trust reviews but it is definitely a reboot done right where so many fail to live up to the hype. If you loved the movies, they connect with them so well as they're always showing flashback scenes. And past characters are scattered throughout the series.

Also happy that I heard they're thinking of doing a season 5 and 6.

I love the series and bought the first two seasons before Netflix bought them out. I agree with what others have said. They tie in to the original movies in a magical way and keep the tone of the Karate Kid universe very well IMHO.

New Threads

Top Bottom