• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

CloudFlare is having worldwide issues.

Major Tom

Searching for ground control...
V.I.P Member
A lot of you may be noticing problems with the internet lately, but especially today. This is because CloudFlare is having issues worldwide, not because websites or games are down. If the whole thing crashes, I'll see you all on the flipside.

Thanks for the warning Major Tom, so far so good here. In the past five days I've had one cloud flare incident, that lasted a few minutes.

My online game went down for a few hours yesterday. And is down again today

On Twitter:

"We are currently seeing server instability on various game worlds, and are investigating."

"its probably part of the cloudflare thing, lots of game, and websites have been hit hard including both my company and my sole business"

"No Cloudflare only went down today. This has been occurring around 2-3 cst for the last 3 days."

https://twitter.com/lotro/status/1284255322874445825

Update: Cloudflare at 2:46 says “the issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.” CEO Matthew Prince explains that it all came down to a bad router in Atlanta:

We had an issue that impacted some portions of the @Cloudflare network. It appears that a router in Atlanta had an error that caused bad routes across our backbone. That resulted in misrouted traffic to PoPs that connect to our backbone. 1/2

— Matthew Prince (@eastdakota) July 17, 2020

The company also issued a statement via email emphasizing that this was not an attack on the system.

“This afternoon we saw an outage across some parts of our network. It was not as a result of an attack,” the company said in a statement. “It appears a router on our global backbone announced bad routes and caused some portions of the network to not be available. We believe we have addressed the root cause and monitoring systems for stability now.

Cloudflare outage takes down Discord, Shopify, Politico and others – TechCrunch

As someone who has loathed Cloudflare for ages....

I feel like I should have a bucket of popcorn in front of me.

Seriously I did a snort laugh when I saw this topic. Not even remotely surprised.

New Threads

Top Bottom