• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
Does mysogeny develop in males from bitterness, regret and betrayal or is it more likely based in ignorance, prejudice and rejection?

Last edited: Today at 12:28 PM

mi•sog•y•ny mĭ-sŏj′ə-nē

• n.
    Hatred or mistrust of women.
  • n.
    Hatred of women.

It's probably a mixture of all of this and more, though it doesn't excuse this mindset. In my unfortunate experiences with misogynistic individuals, a lot of it is just men being mad that women don't like them, or don't treat them the way their mothers did and somehow women are responsible for their feelings. Men who hate women usually know that they are trash in some way (even unconsciously), and being able to think that they are just inherently better than somebody else based on their genitals or gender identity is very convenient for people that don't add anything to their surroundings but feel others should respect, admire or treat them better than others.

"
""very convenient for people that don't add anything to their surroundings but feel others should respect, admire or treat them better than others.""

That's entitlement I think

"
""very convenient for people that don't add anything to their surroundings but feel others should respect, admire or treat them better than others.""

It's a man's world. Men get hired in all the jobs in this state l live in. They always get the manager positions, etc..
So woman don't have the opportunities or pay schedule. But some men make it up to us and treat us with respect. And l get harassment because l don't want to go out because l am old and tired, but some men still think l have sort of strange obligation to go out with them- (men acting entitled ).

Yes I think it's mainly an inbred and nurtured sense of entitlement, of what's due to themselves as males. Many men do not act that way of course, and are respectful and appreciative of women as equals. I think it is true though that a few males will feel bitter or rejected, as well as having a sense of entitlement too, often.

It's all about environment, culture and the attitudes that exist in within that culture. These attitudes have existed for just about as long as humans have been walking on the planet and have had self-awareness. Laws may have been passed to create equality, but these attitudes and in particular, gender roles, are deeply entrenched in society and won't go away. As others have mentioned, males have a sense of entitlement over others (females) just because they are male, they were brought up that way, and this continues to be passed on from generation to generation. So we still have to live with this unfortunately.

Last edited:
Why do you want me to understand what you care about again anyways?
Will you want me to care about what you understand, again; anyways?
Do you again care about what I understand anyways?
I understand again about what you do care about anyways
How to evade the great jabberwocky, alone in the dark?

What's all that about?

"

Who are the people that judge and what yardstick, which criteria are these people using to do the assessment on others?

Define “Adding to surroundings?”

Keeping one’s lawn looking like plastic turf? Or is it a weekly wash for thier (compensentory) vehicle?
It’s never likely to be making sure their perspective takes into account that from space this planet and all the life on it is so small as to virtually disappear in the vastness of the Universe?

What is the subject of this thread?

Something in particular?
Or the experience of rearranging words?

I think of vomit when I see or hear the word "chunks" ie "blow chunks".

I'm also an egalitarian. Your original OP question could substitute the word Misandry for Misogyny and be equally applicable: "bitterness, regret and betrayal", etc.

Well, being socially and sexually isolated at a critical period of social development, I tended to internalize my feelings of inadequacy, but never learning to blame women, because, basically, I appreciate them as I would anybody with a friendly disposition. Of course I wondered why none felt the slightest attraction to me, but then could not recognize attraction, though I did not know that at the time. It was a profoundly confusing time for me, but I did not end up misogynistic. If anything I disliked the guys I could observe who treated women poorly or merely used them for their own gratification. I learned lessons there as I am so happy that my spouse considers me to be a good lover.

Yes, I regret that part of my life, mainly because I missed out on connecting with women, but I own those missed oportunities as being a product of my mind and not because of anybody's action.

Last edited:
@tree Perhaps an effort at engendering Sturm und Drang posts is the OP’s intent here.

A quote from R. w. Emerson:
“Heroism feels and never reasons...”

@tree Perhaps an effort at engendering Sturm und Drang posts is the OP’s intent here.

A quote from R. w. Emerson:
“Heroism feels and never reasons...”
Not sure what all that is, thank goodness for wikipedia's anyways. I'm sorry if I offended you @watersprite such was not my intention. It's a spooky old house in the high country, and sometimes I get a little goofy at night. I still like that first question though, it seems like a sharp spear[pertinent inquiry].

I will go back to doing my chores. I had ravioli today with homemade sauce

Last edited:
I think I will take the chunks out and just leave the misogyny stuff in place. The threads are supposed to be about specific topics I've been advised.

I wonder about prejudice and how it forms and if it is as it seems, like a contaminated vessel that ruins all that it contains or is just a fleeting thought that can be readily dismissed.

On the issue of dark thoughts generally there is limited agreement among my cherished that violent and abusive or negative ideation seems to be addictive. It likely needs a separate thread and may be too disruptive to even be on this forum not sure.

Dark thoughts somehow seem to be energizing or rather invigorating, especially those thoughts involving violence or any thing that leads to anger. Like a glandular response. So this far the theory we have (my friends and me) is that the dark thoughts are a shortcut to an energy rush.

That may mean that my own issues with discrimination and misogyny are a means to an end, that I am making myself mad to get a kick out of it. And that when I start dwelling on negativity I am doing so to get a rush, from the side effect of the emotions themselves.

How sick is that?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom