• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chrome books suck

Kit

My kids' schools provided tablets and chromebooks.

We have high speed internet so our connection works fine but my son did something to the computer and I didn't know how to access clever again so I turned it off to reset it so I could log him back in again because it pops up when you turn it on.

But when i did that, it stopped connecting to any network available and it kept saying "bad password" even though it is correct.

I go online to look and this appears to be a common chromebook issue. So i called the school about it and i find out a few other parents had the same issue as well. So now i am bringing it back and they will either give me a new device. I hate chromebooks. I liked the laptop we had they provided but they made us take it back and gave us a chromebook. I might have to beg for not another chromebook or my son will have hiss fits when it stops working again and he can't even be flexible by not having all features or else he has meltdowns.

Chromebooks are generally cheaper and less prone to viruses. I think if you want another computer, you should be willing to pay for it basically.

The chromebook decided to connect again when we got to my son's school. But we were still given a Hotspot for back up and i was shown how to use it and my son joined his class in zoom so now i am waiting for it to end before we head home.

The chromebook decided to connect again when we got to my son's school. But we were still given a Hotspot for back up and i was shown how to use it and my son joined his class in zoom so now i am waiting for it to end before we head home.

You know you can homeschool for free.

No more mind numbing zoom chats. Kid can learn at their own level. Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool is an absolutely free homeschool program k through 12 and they have all classes, P.E., art, foreign language, music, and electives. I love it.

You know you can homeschool for free.

No more mind numbing zoom chats. Kid can learn at their own level. Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool is an absolutely free homeschool program k through 12 and they have all classes, P.E., art, foreign language, music, and electives. I love it.
I would also recommend Connections Academy. They do give you the option for school-provided laptops, but you can use your own PC if it is fairly decent. Plus there are a ton of course options. I am in Connections Academy right now.

Also, there are actual teachers that will answer emails, texts, and phone calls from students. It's available for everybody in the United States, and they have some places outside the U.S.

Also, yeah. Chrome books really do suck. There aren't many good options, and they are plagued by severe glitches and other issues, and they are often slow. An inexpensive Windows laptop would be much better than them in most ways. They're only good if you have no other options. I remember when I had to use them because my middle school made them standard issue (and they forced you to actually spend your own money if you wanted to bring your own laptop).

Also, Chrome OS is the worst Linux OS.

Last edited:
I would also recommend Connections Academy. They do give you the option for school-provided laptops, but you can use your own PC if it is fairly decent. Plus there are a ton of course options. I am in Connections Academy right now.

Also, there are actual teachers that will answer emails, texts, and phone calls from students. It's available for everybody in the United States, and they have some places outside the U.S.

Also, yeah. Chrome books really do suck. There aren't many good options, and they are plagued by severe glitches and other issues, and they are often slow. An inexpensive Windows laptop would be much better than them in most ways. They're only good if you have no other options. I remember when I had to use them because my middle school made them standard issue (and they forced you to actually spend your own money if you wanted to bring your own laptop).

Also, Chrome OS is the worst Linux OS.

Connections Academy is only available in certain states.
Many online schools I believe tend not to provide chromebooks and regular laptops instead, but you should inquire before you enroll your child in said school.

If your state doesn't allow cyber school and if you have money, there are online private school options:
Online Private Schools | Online Private Education | K12
k12 Academy, Keystone School, George Washington University Online High School.

New Threads

Top Bottom