• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christopher Tolkien passes away at 95

Several years ago he published the 'Children of Hurin'. It was maybe his last work. So off I went to the bookstore and asked a shop worker if they had it and got the weirdest look. It's a dialect thing. Where I come from we do not pronounce the 'H". For example 'Hugh' is pronounced 'You'.

Several years ago he published the 'Children of Hurin'. It was maybe his last work. So off I went to the bookstore and asked a shop worker if they had it and got the weirdest look. It's a dialect thing. Where I come from we do not pronounce the 'H". For example 'Hugh' is pronounced 'You'.

Yes, I need to get that, along with The Unfinished Works; I already have The Hobbit & LotR, along with The Simirillion

If you have the Sil you basically have the Children of Hurin, its just an edited version of the Turin Turimbar story. The unfinished tales/works are well worth it however and have much new material. I did also get the audio book version of the Children of Hurin as it has a long extensive prologue/intro read by Christopher himself and the main work was read by Christopher Lee who did a really good job.

I read The Simarillion when I was in my early twenties and it helped me get through some tough times I was having at home and with my mental health. I have the Tolkien works to thank for helping me cope with difficult times and the books will always have a special place with me.

I've been envious of people who have died of natural causes the past few years because they no longer have to go on living in this horrific world.

I read The Simarillion when I was in my early twenties and it helped me get through some tough times I was having at home and with my mental health. I have the Tolkien works to thank for helping me cope with difficult times and the books will always have a special place with me.

I have listened to Tolkien's frequently (audio books) during times of injury and illness. I think of them as almost a form of medicine.

New Threads

Top Bottom