• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christmas!!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Twas the night before Christmas
And all throughout WoodSprings
I tried to think of a rhyme
And decided I can't think of anything

So christmas is finally here. I sincerely thought we wouldnt make it this year.

What did The Jolly Fat Man put under your tree this year?

I got

A new phone, which I'm actually using to post this thread
A new journal
Clothes
More clothes
Sweater
Jeans that actually stay on me and dont slip down every five seconds when i'm walking to SpeedWay for cigarettes and lemonade
Bright neon yellow shoes you can see from freaking space
A new wallet with card protection or something
A weighted blanket I'm wearing over my neck and shoulders right now because it feels like kitty and it's amazing
A weighted blanket
Weighted blanket
Blanket
Blanket
Blanket
Um
Candy and stuff

Sorry this weighted blanket is absolutely divine its the first time i've had one and

What was I talking about again?
Oh yeah
How was christmas?

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas day for you!!! :D

My Christmas was peaceful and relaxing... as it should be, imo... :cool:

You made my Xmas. Glad that you have a weighted blanket and so on. l am finally relaxing, have food in my fridge and one huge bill is paid. ☺

No gifts, staying inside all alone due to covid worries. Mom is with my aunt and uncle and their son and his gf having a social gathering. I hate social gatherings anyway, but covid gives me another excuse. Every so often I turn on the ham radio to see if anybody out there got a new transceiver under the tree.

A weighted blanket I'm wearing over my neck and shoulders right now because it feels like kitty and it's amazing
I got one for the birthday in Sept. and love it too. I had decided not to get one based on not seeing much interest by ASD adults here or elsewhere. My wife bought me one anyhoo. It let me fall back to sleep this morning and sleep till 9 AM, which I rarely do :).

Pretty quiet day. No gifts exchanged with friends/colleagues due to distancing. Doing some cleaning up.

Watched

I got some great new books, and book tokens. Also a huge box of Lego with 1500 pieces! And some other really nice presents. Had a turkey dinner, watched the Queens speech and Elf. It snowed here. Now there's fireworks. It's been nice, but I ll be glad to get out for a nice long walk tomorrow.

I'll just be glad when it's over.

I didnt think I could ever think of Christmas as "loathsome" and depressing, but that's all I've got for it this time. Been a supremely awful day. Supposed to feel joy and warmth, not anger and hate. Bah.

Ugh, and the season is only going to get worse from here. I dont even want to think about it.

There, I'm done, now I have to go stab something. And then impulse-spend on who knows what to feel a bit better. As if I havent been doing enough of that lately.

I don't live with family, so my Christmas has been pretty quiet, which I honestly love. My family doesn't exchange gifts (expensive and stressful) but I did exchange gifts with my room mate and got some really cute fancy art pens, a watercolour palette and other art supplies.
I'm spending the day doing things I love without the pressure to be social and am very happy about it, lol.
Weighted blankets have been calling to me a lot. They look so cozy and safe! It's been difficult to find one that is easy to care for though, so my hunt continues.

Spent the day trapped in a room grappling with memories and a roommate who despises me. Was today supposed to be different or something?

Roasted a turkey breast, also mashed potatoes and vegetables, cranberries as well as some butter tarts for my husband and a light cheesecake style thing for myself.

Read part of my book, and spoke with some friends and family members. Watched a movie but became bored with it. Brought christmas dinner to a neighbour who is alone.

Last edited:
Good Christmas. Third one I've been in good health since my last ailment nearly shattered my mind. Covid free. No cases near me. Gathering of family in a good natured way. Fine presents.
Just nice. Really excited about my new comforter.:)
Made it to level 26 in life. Next year level 27.

By the way Uberscout you okay?

Last night had Christmas dinner with two friends (which was allowed under our current Covid restrictions)

Today, I just went for a walk on my own at two different city parks, at one park photographing people ice skating, had lots of fun (I love people watching/people photography), then went to another park that's a little more natural, photographed some fantastic light and shadow, plus hung out under a bridge for awhile capturing some river ice and snow, my friend caught me in the act :p (the proof in this photo)... Wore my fancy hat today with my green jacket, just because it's Christmas :)...

Edworthy Park 1B.jpg

What I was photographing

Edworthy 01.jpg

Good one, despite a strong storm all Christmas eve into morning. Nearly a candlelight Christmas. Family all made it here and did Zoom extended family gathering after dinner. We all get along and have fun, a good number of us accross the families are on the spectrum diagnosed and undiagnosed. We can share showing off the gifts in our special interests.

Just a simple turkey dinner at home with my house share guy.
He gave me a card and $200 to get what I want with because he said he wouldn't know
what to buy for me.
And, because we had a terrible fight over me putting up Christmas lights outside that he didn't want.
So, I guess that was his way of apologizing. He can never say he's sorry for his rants.

I gave him a Charlie Brown tree, (as a reminder of the great light fight), and some toiletries.

I'm feeling a little lonely. I got no gifts, I got only one card, and I spent the entire day alone. I don't have any family or friends.

All took advantage of the free asymptomatic covid testing pre 25th in our area,
then gathered under current tier restrictions.
Business as usual.

No gifts, as such, this year.
Instead,
Winners of games chose random, wrapped prize.
If prize chosen not to their liking, they could gift it to any other person in the room.
(idea behind it was 'giving')

An enjoyable day.
Could be amongst the last spent together dependant on spread of new covid variant and future government restrictions in UK.

I'll just be glad when it's over.

I didnt think I could ever think of Christmas as "loathsome" and depressing, but that's all I've got for it this time. Been a supremely awful day. Supposed to feel joy and warmth, not anger and hate. Bah.

Ugh, and the season is only going to get worse from here. I dont even want to think about it.

There, I'm done, now I have to go stab something. And then impulse-spend on who knows what to feel a bit better. As if I havent been doing enough of that lately.

New Threads

Top Bottom