• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christmas Toys Raising Spartans - (1967 Columbia Spectator Article Reprint)

Tom

V.I.P Member
This is a subject that always intrigued me. The effect that war toys have on children. Stumbling upon the old article unintentially brought it back to mind and also made me realize the question remains the same almost 50 years later. Though science fiction and fantasy subjects, and now games rather then toys are much more prevalent the focus remains the same 'war'.

Just a few observations: 1) Wars start just fine without them. 2) If they don't get them, kids often just make their own out of sticks, legos, etc. 3) They have been around a long time. We have probable surviving examples from the ancient period, and perhaps even into prehistory.

Yet, these things do not occur in a vacuum and must have some influence. Is it too small to matter much against the sum of everything else? Or does it have some effect? The author suggests it may predispose/prepare a child for war.

imageserver.pl

imageserver.pl

imageserver.pl

imageserver.pl

imageserver.pl

imageserver.pl

imageserver.pl

New Threads

Top Bottom