• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christian Reply to Non-Christian Thread...

I'm atheist, But I recognize the contributions to the human race Christianity is responsible.
Their contributions are not small by any means.
To say western civilization is owed to them is not an exaggeration.
*edited to make sense

Last edited:
Hi @Crossbreed I thought the same answer for that thread. But there have been questions asked in the past that my belief in God does have everything to do with my answer, such as do I fear death? Nope, why? Because I believe in Heaven. If it's an answer it's an answer. And I've never gotten flagged for answering with such. If the conversation turns into a religious debate, then it goes under scrutiny. I am a little cautious sometimes when answering because I know there are some out there who are going to try to put me down over it and try to plow it down, but most don't. I think Jesus even said in a prayer over the apostles that He's not asking they be apart from this world, for they would have to be taken out of this world.
We're all equally part of this world and if we all respect that, there shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, I didn't read your second comment before writing this.

So i am a christan. Have been so childhood. God helped me threw a lot of troubles. The worst time came during elementary school. Lots of trouble with other people. Who i was taught to love and help as brothers and sisters. But that love was not returned. I was bullied called names. Got into fights because i had no choice. It was constant. I couldn't understand why these people who i was taught to love hated me. Then i learned Jesus who I loved with everything i had. I learned about the crucifixion. Every pain ever anguish. He did to save everyone. What stuck in my mind was it was men who killed him. Men who made him suffer. The sins of man was why he had to die. The blood of these men ran in my veins. The blood of murders. I wore there flesh. Comitted sins he was baring the price of on the cross. Try as i might i couldn't stop sinning even to this day. I couldn't stop. I burned with hatred for years. Of man for killing him. And of myself for being one. I couldn't look in mirrors hated my own reflection. A murderer looked back at me. I didnt want to be a man. Burden with the sins of their race. With the blood of Jesus Christ on their hands. I wanted to be something else that didnt wear the skin of murders. I chose a wolf. It took God years to explain why Jesus had to die. I cried for my him. For what he went threw. But i accepted it as a sacrifice to save us all from hell. In this i found peace. He died a hero. I couldn't be there to take hos place. But it was his purpose not mine. I can honor him by living out my life and purpose. In this i find peace. The rage burns no longer.

Lots of trouble with other people. Who i was taught to love and help as brothers and sisters. But that love was not returned. I was bullied called names. Got into fights because i had no choice. It was constant. I couldn't understand why these people who i was taught to love hated me.
Among Christians, I have found that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit [Vineyard, Assembly of God, Foursquare? and similar] really helps to bridge the communication gap between neurds & NTs.

Basically, I constantly judge people I see and decide if they worth existing based on their behavior.
There is a verse that keeps that attitude in check among Christians.

Jesus said,
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." Matthew 7:1-2 NKJV

It is a corollary of the Golden Rule, which really helps me in my dyssociety.

(We are still encouraged to make assessments, but not to condemn others.)

Last edited:
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." Matthew 7:1-2 NKJV

I always thought this was a similar passage:
Romans 2:2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

or take the plank out of your own eye before you remove the speck from your brothers Matthew chapter 7 verse five

The most formative point in my life in regards to suicide came when I was young I think I was 7 (not sure)
I wanted to runaway(I knew I couldn't take care of myself) and my older brother caught me at the front door and he told me to think how Mom and Dad would feel when I was gone.

This was later reinforced in Basic Combat Training.
we where given an assignment to write a letter to our loved ones in case we died.
This was the hardest things I've ever done, I've never shown it to anyone.

But I think everyone should seriously write one.
If you write it as if you will never be able to speak to those you love again it has a lot of power.
You start to understand what and who is truly important to you.

For years afterward I had a hard time empathizing with most people - What they cared or complained about was not important - Just another case of "This too will pass"

Oddly enough that's why I'm "Evil"
I know what's Important to me and those I love.
I know what groups are my enemies.

Word of advice "Beware those who claim they want to give you things" they are your enemy.

Where do you find your sense of purpose in life?
Now I am aimless and I am willing to listen to how others are managing to get by.

To those of you who feel a calling - what is that calling and how does it help you build yourself up?

Looking for ideas, so this thread is somewhat selfish on my part.
The "ride" (a.k.a. my life) really took off when I got Born-Again...! 4SLaws

Last edited:
The "ride" (a.k.a. my life) really took off when I got Born-Again...!
@KagamineLen
Keeping something living alive, JHVH what you know as the word god.
You will know this name! Elohim(phonetically pronounced Elo heem)that's the Hebrew translation for God, which is the angry part of his personality,but I use those letters(JHVH) because it's a different part of his personality ,that's the affectionate tender caring part.

You will rarely see it(JHVH phonetically pronounced yod hay vov hay) if you research it, because Jews do not say that name, where you are at this moment ,you will have a purpose, mine is for Israel and living beings.

Last edited:
Reply to "Trust issues, is it aspie or more?"

I have also struggled with this guilt as a Christian - we are to honor our father and mother. But what I have gathered during my journey is this: we do not need to obey them when they are asking us to sin, and we do not have to help them sin (including sins they may commit against YOU) - that does not actually help them in God's eyes. Sometimes we have to honor them by praying for them, from a distance.

I have cut my father out of my life. There was no other option other than for my life to be ground up and infested by his own parasitic sinful ways and to drag my husband and my in-laws and the children that I thought we would have into his hell. See the ranting room if you want to read that part of this post.

And yet.....in "real" life, I don't tell people all of these details of what he did, because it would dishonor my father. Instead, if push comes to shove, I say we are estranged, then they berate me saying, "oh, but you don't realize it, I'm sure he loves you". And I feel stuck - because I can't (according to my own understanding of honoring my father) tell them exactly what he did - but I also feel I shouldn't have to. I think people should realize that when you are estranged form a parent, something has gone horribly wrong, and they shouldn't assume it's just that the child is horribly ungrateful. I hate that I can be viewed in a negative light when I shouldn't be - but I also think those people are ignorant and have either never dealt with abusive people like that, or are themselves enablers, so why should I take any cues from them?

This whole experienced draws me closer to God, who knows the truth of the situation, and loves me and strengthens me - and does NOT want me to be abused. That is not why he put me on this earth.

What I believe would be best for my father is for him to get help rather than providing more opportunities for him to abuse - because he can't even maintain a single conversation without trying to manipulate you. He will not leave me alone about stealing the inheritance - he keeps insisting that I have to say that he didn't do that, and he won't let up. Beyond all his sneaky ways he tries to insert his nose into my own finances. When I realized I would never trust my children with him (though we ended up not having any), and I would hate to pollute my innocent husband's life and his parents' lives with my father's corrupt ways....well, I cut him off. One day, if he heals, if he seeks help, then we can work it out.

I have forgiven him, but I do not trust him - and I will only ever trust him in the future IN CHRIST. I'm not trying to be rude to anyone here who is not Christian, it's not that I wouldn't be your friend - it's that when people really get extremely bad, then I stop trusting and cut the person off. And because it got that way, the only way I can learn to trust them again is in Christ, not because of anything that person says themselves.

Guilt can come - but I say that is guilt form the Accuser, not from God.

I want to be clear - I am not suggesting that you cut her off - it's just the illustration from my own life of what happened. But I really just wanted to address the guilt aspect.

For me personally, this answer is perfect! Being a Christian makes a difference to me, a big one. How @Nairobi told it makes total sense. My husband is reading through with me and said the same, that Nairobi’s father is the same as my mother. I have told a few others what my mother did to me so maybe I shouldn’t have? Added to the stress is being disabled and that seems to compound things. Pain/no sleep does seem to do that.

This is very helpful. Being home bound I do not have many acquaints so didn’t have anyone outside of my family unit at home (just the two of us) to bounce this off of.

Much appreciated :hearteyes:

Reply to "Trust issues, is it aspie or more?"

I have also struggled with this guilt as a Christian - we are to honor our father and mother. But what I have gathered during my journey is this: we do not need to obey them when they are asking us to sin, and we do not have to help them sin (including sins they may commit against YOU) - that does not actually help them in God's eyes. Sometimes we have to honor them by praying for them, from a distance.

I have cut my father out of my life. There was no other option other than for my life to be ground up and infested by his own parasitic sinful ways and to drag my husband and my in-laws and the children that I thought we would have into his hell. See the ranting room if you want to read that part of this post.

And yet.....in "real" life, I don't tell people all of these details of what he did, because it would dishonor my father. Instead, if push comes to shove, I say we are estranged, then they berate me saying, "oh, but you don't realize it, I'm sure he loves you". And I feel stuck - because I can't (according to my own understanding of honoring my father) tell them exactly what he did - but I also feel I shouldn't have to. I think people should realize that when you are estranged form a parent, something has gone horribly wrong, and they shouldn't assume it's just that the child is horribly ungrateful. I hate that I can be viewed in a negative light when I shouldn't be - but I also think those people are ignorant and have either never dealt with abusive people like that, or are themselves enablers, so why should I take any cues from them?

This whole experienced draws me closer to God, who knows the truth of the situation, and loves me and strengthens me - and does NOT want me to be abused. That is not why he put me on this earth.

What I believe would be best for my father is for him to get help rather than providing more opportunities for him to abuse - because he can't even maintain a single conversation without trying to manipulate you. He will not leave me alone about stealing the inheritance - he keeps insisting that I have to say that he didn't do that, and he won't let up. Beyond all his sneaky ways he tries to insert his nose into my own finances. When I realized I would never trust my children with him (though we ended up not having any), and I would hate to pollute my innocent husband's life and his parents' lives with my father's corrupt ways....well, I cut him off. One day, if he heals, if he seeks help, then we can work it out.

I have forgiven him, but I do not trust him - and I will only ever trust him in the future IN CHRIST. I'm not trying to be rude to anyone here who is not Christian, it's not that I wouldn't be your friend - it's that when people really get extremely bad, then I stop trusting and cut the person off. And because it got that way, the only way I can learn to trust them again is in Christ, not because of anything that person says themselves.

Guilt can come - but I say that is guilt form the Accuser, not from God.

I want to be clear - I am not suggesting that you cut her off - it's just the illustration from my own life of what happened. But I really just wanted to address the guilt aspect.

New Threads

Top Bottom