• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chocolate (Thai movie)

Kalinychta

V.I.P Member
I watched this film yesterday and thought I’d start a thread about it for those who have or will watch it. Very, very interesting to see autism depicted via cinema in other cultures, and in a female character no less. She is level two or three autism (not sure which). I’d rate it one of the very few positive depictions of autism in media that I’ve seen, although her challenges aren’t “sugar coated” either.

upload_2021-2-28_2-12-6.jpeg

Synopsis:
“Young autistic Zen, who lives with her terminally ill mother, has picked up an array of deadly fighting skills from martial arts movies. So when thugs come to extort money from her mother, Zen springs into action and shows them what she’s learned.”

Yeah, I've got this movie on DVD and like it a lot.
I've also gotta give credit to the actress that she did it without stunt doubles - along with showing her character as a genuinely strong but flawed female character; a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of supposedly strong female characters in movies/shows nowadays who just breeze through everything without a struggle.

Definitely recommend it, while admitting that it won't be to everyone's taste.

New Threads

Top Bottom