• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Children & Teen book author Beverly Cleary passes at 104

I am sorry to know that.

I remember Ramona and Beezus and their cat, Picky Picky.

Dear Mr Henshaw was the first book I read to tackle the subject of divorce. I gather that BC wrote some sequels to it, but I'm not sure if I want to read them - the story of Leigh Botts was sufficient on its own.

I'm so sad about this. You know who else just recently passed away?

iu

iu

The Times obituary of Beverly Cleary (behind a paywall) revealed that she shared an agent with Judy Blume, and on one occasion the two authors' postbags of fan mail got mixed up. That could have led to some hilarious misunderstandings, especially concerning a character called Ralph...

The Times obituary of Beverly Cleary (behind a paywall) revealed that she shared an agent with Judy Blume, and on one occasion the two authors' postbags of fan mail got mixed up. That could have led to some hilarious misunderstandings, especially concerning a character called Ralph...
I am still traumatized by "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret". The vivid description if the hooks and wires and straps of you know what still haunt my mind, as they did when I was eleven years old. Glad I was about a decade too young to experience such horrors.

The Guardian obituary (requires registration) says that Beverly Cleary's young adult novels have not aged as well as, say, the Ramona books. Who here has read Fifteen?

New Threads

Top Bottom