• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chicken, Eggplant, or Veal Parmigiana

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Pink Jazz

I would like to know, which do you prefer, chicken, eggplant, or veal parmigiana?

I prefer chicken parmigiana, even though eggplant is the traditional Italian recipe. Sometimes I like my chicken parmigiana with a pink tomato-alfredo sauce, which I don't think would pair well with eggplant or veal.

Can't seem to choose between chicken and veal. Either one with cheese and marinara. I've never had eggplant.

I'm a meat person, but, in this case, I actually do like the eggplant best.

Prefer eggplant parmigiana as long as the purple skin is slightly scored on the outside, choked and came close to passing out once as the skin didn't break while I was swallowing it. It it good with a cream sauce as well in moussaka, but the acidity of tomatoes alone does not seem to do it's texture and blandness justice. It's eggplant's texture along with something a little more flavorful, that aids in it's combination.

Last edited:
"parmigiana"? I've never even seen this word before.

What in heck is it?

Not something I'd eat, probably... I've learned that if food seems "complicated" somehow, I probably will hate it... but still, my curiosity is strong.

I'm having trouble coming up with a definition for "alfredo" as well.

"parmigiana"? I've never even seen this word before.

What in heck is it?

Not something I'd eat, probably... I've learned that if food seems "complicated" somehow, I probably will hate it... but still, my curiosity is strong.

I'm having trouble coming up with a definition for "alfredo" as well.

Parmigiana means cheese, specifically parmigiano romano cheese from Parma, Italy. Chicken (or veal) cutlets are flattened, coated in bread crumbs and grated cheese, lightly fried, then assembled in a casserole dish and smothered in some kind of marinara sauce, like a tomato spaghetti sauce, and baked till done. It is a lot like chicken milanese which comes from Milan, Italy. There is no pasta in any of these dishes.

Alfredo is a white sauce, typically a bechamel which is a combination of butter, flour and milk to form a roux or gravy, usually with cheese added to it but does not contain tomatoes.

I love all of them. Zucchini parmigiana is good, too.

I was just joking btw.

What came first, the chicken or the eggplant...

I did learn something though!

;)

Never had parmigiana but would have to say chicken since I don’t like aubergine (eggplant) and HATE veal.

New Threads

Top Bottom