• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Chewy Stim Toys

Hylian

Fellow DbD Enjoyer
V.I.P Member
Has anyone used chewable stim toys before?

I have a habit of chewing on things so I've been looking at them. Specifically the ones that are necklaces, since they seem more discreet and not as easy to misplace. They come in different levels of toughness though, and there's a lot of different shapes.

If you have used these before, do all the shapes and the levels of toughness feel massively different from each other?

I researched and bought chewies. I got the toughest ones but they're not good enough and I don't use them. They're hollow and so even though they're super tough, they're collapsible if you bite hard enough. Since they collapse it's not enough resistance for me. I wanted something similar to biting a pen, and pens don't collapse. Being hollow they also make squeaky suction sounds that are a whole new sensory nightmare for me. They cost a lot but I still use real pens instead.

Mine weren't the necklace type. I'm not sure if those are different or not.

Has anyone used chewable stim toys before?

I have a habit of chewing on things so I've been looking at them. Specifically the ones that are necklaces, since they seem more discreet and not as easy to misplace. They come in different levels of toughness though, and there's a lot of different shapes.

If you have used these before, do all the shapes and the levels of toughness feel massively different from each other?

Hi, ive bought chewellry from stimtastic.
The shapes are good because if you want to chew with your front teeth the shape doesnt matter that much, but if you want to use your molars then longer and thinner shapes are better so you actually can reach the teeth. Textures arent really that notisable to me personally. Toughness depend on how intensely you bite, if you usually break things that you chew on then the hardest are probably best, if you are a softer chewer then the softer ones might work better, etc.
Hope this helps!

I researched and bought chewies. I got the toughest ones but they're not good enough and I don't use them. They're hollow and so even though they're super tough, they're collapsible if you bite hard enough. Since they collapse it's not enough resistance for me. I wanted something similar to biting a pen, and pens don't collapse. Being hollow they also make squeaky suction sounds that are a whole new sensory nightmare for me. They cost a lot but I still use real pens instead.

Mine weren't the necklace type. I'm not sure if those are different or not.

Hi! I'm guessing you bought the silicone tube thingies? Because most that I've found aren't hollow. Have you checked stimtastic or chewigem?

New Threads

Top Bottom