• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Changing routine to adapt to life's demands

umbrellabeach

I read a lot. At least I prefer to. I have a ton of books from volunteering at the library. My normal reading time, according to the routine I've settled into, is late in the afternoon. Unfortunately my part-time retail job often makes doing it at that time impossible (though I have three days off this week, yay!).

So about a week ago I got the idea to set aside an hour to read late at night instead, and I've been doing that. It was a little weird at first, but I suddenly have time for reading again. I recently bought six Carl Barks (Disney comic artist who mainly did Duck stories) books and I'm currently going through those and REALLY enjoying them. Another one is coming out next month and I'm going to buy it right away, along with a book about Eva Hart, the Titanic survivor. (The Titanic's another special interest of mine.) I'll more than likely read them at night.

I need to buy a floor lamp soon because it's a little dark in that corner at night without the sunlight coming in through the window. For some reason I didn't take that detail into account, lol.

Do you find yourself having to change your routine due to life's demands? How easy is it? I've had to do it several times, especially with moving so much over the past three years. I find it fairly easy once I've thought and planned it through and I know exactly how it will be.

Yes all the time. My work schedule is crazy since every project is differant. Like to read when I get home from work and my dinner is still heating in the crock-pot. Emily my dog gets fed 2-4 times A day depending on how hungry she gets.

New Threads

Top Bottom