• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

cell phone inquiry

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
So, it seems like it's very possible to buy a cell phone from outside the carrier store, but it seems like it could be (a bit) complicated.

Are most phones automatically unlocked so that the carrier store can just add the service phone plan on it?
If the phones are not automatically unlocked, is it easy enough for the carrier store to service the phone (for a small fee) in order to start your/continue your plan on a new phone?

What thing(s) I need to look up to make sure a new phone is compatible with the one I currently have?

I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus.

Thank you.

I only know what happens here in France, but perhaps that is world based?!

You can buy a new phone and it will be unlocked, and if you want to pay monthly, then you can join a mobile company and just pay for the contract and then, your phone will become locked to that company and only when the contract is over and not renewed, I believe you have to pay for it to be unlocked.

Here, in France you can have a contract or not, which will mean that you pay as you want, rather than by monthly.

But, phones to buy new are ridiculously expensive and I am talking about android ( I have never owned a n iPhone) and a company for a new client will offer a good phone at a competitive price, but you pay through the monthly contract for the phone, as well as the sim card.

I always buy simlock-free phones from independent stores and just switch my sim-card into my new phone. Easy peasy.

If you want to use Straight Talk through Walmart and buy a $45 phone card every month.They will give a Sim card I think for 75 cents for whatever phone you own

Avoid data and call providers and look for sales !there were phones for £2.50 unlocked a few years ago, that's about $3.50,be careful with eBay !,look at a sellers review percentage, november-january bad time for deliveries.

I've had trouble with switching phones. If I bought a phone to use with a certain company, there's nothing I can do to make that phone compatable with a different service. That's here in the U.S. anyway. Verizon/Att will never let you use the phone you purchased from the other. They do have where you can go check your phone's id# to see if it's compatable with their service.

I've had trouble with switching phones. If I bought a phone to use with a certain company, there's nothing I can do to make that phone compatable with a different service. That's here in the U.S. anyway. Verizon/Att will never let you use the phone you purchased from the other. They do have where you can go check your phone's id# to see if it's compatable with their service.
Same in the UK unlocked phones are much cheaper they used to be nearly £200 pounds ($280)I got one a few years ago for £30($25) !

Just get a generic android phone and sign up for textnow.com. Free wifi calls and texts.

Interesting info. all. I just realized I could try to get my phone repaired first too. So, I went to a repair booth at a mall near me and the guy says he needs to repair the port. Not cheap, but I use the phone a lot and it's still somewhat cheaper than a brand new phone. If I need a similar repair again, then I should just get a new phone, lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom