• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resource icon

Carly's Voice: Breaking Through Autism 2014-05-01

Arashi222

Cuddling Vampires
V.I.P Member
Arashi222 submitted a new resource:

Carly's Voice: Breaking Through Autism - Carly's Voice a nonverbal autistic tale

At the age of two, Carly Fleischmann was diagnosed with severe autism and an oral motor condition that prevented her from speaking. Doctors predicted that she would never intellectually develop beyond the abilities of a small child. Carly remained largely unreachable through the years. Then, at the age of ten, she had a breakthrough.

While working with her devoted therapists, Carly reached over to their laptop and typed “HELP TEETH HURT,” much to everyone’s astonishment. Although Carly still...

Read more about this resource...

I saw this video a few years ago... I think... I might be wrong... the only thing I can say, damn! well, done publishers or whoever her handlers are. Good sales presentation. Call me a cynic, but that's how I saw it from the beginning. And I'll be honest, I love well organized sales presentations like that. And no, I won't buy the book, I don't see the point. But I'm sure a lot of people have and will.

I saw this video a few years ago... I think... I might be wrong... the only thing I can say, damn! well, done publishers or whoever her handlers are. Good sales presentation. Call me a cynic, but that's how I saw it from the beginning. And I'll be honest, I love well organized sales presentations like that. And no, I won't buy the book, I don't see the point. But I'm sure a lot of people have and will.
OK well you haven't read the book. Its a true story of a girl who learned to type unsupported not like the movie that sportster is talking about. I have read the book and its a great book full of insight and thoughts from her as well as her father. I honestly don't see why you seem so angry about this book. Its a wonderful book. Its a great resource about a girl who finally found away to communicate without the help of others.

OK well you haven't read the book. Its a true story of a girl who learned to type unsupported not like the movie that sportster is talking about. I have read the book and its a great book full of insight and thoughts from her as well as her father. I honestly don't see why you seem so angry about this book. Its a wonderful book. Its a great resource about a girl who finally found away to communicate without the help of others.
No, I totally understand that! And I know that it would probably help a lot of people etc, just like the video touched a lot of people's hearts that's why they keep reposing it etc etc. I understand all that. I just couldn't personally connect to it because it lacked something for me... I'm not sure what it was. But I'm not saying that it's not helpful or inspiring for thousands of people, I'm sure it is! It's just when I saw it, I right away thought, "OK, so, let's see what they are trying to sell" I'm sorry (even thought I don't think I should apologize :) ) that's the way my brain works :) And I'm not angry btw :D

Notice how her "breakthrough" was actually hijacking a laptop? She could have written years before if she hadn't had to wait until she was desperate. Indicates she's not as "delayed" as they thought.

New Threads

Top Bottom