• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can You Tell Me What This Means?

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
My friend (who's INTJ/possible aspie) & I were chatting the other day.

During a conversation about our relationship he said "I'd totally 100% share my food with you."

What do you think that means? (Aside from the fact he wouldn't let me starve to death :))

During a conversation about our relationship he said "I'd totally 100% share my food with you."

What do you think that means? (Aside from the fact he wouldn't let me starve to death :))

He has designated you as a comparable status life form.

Last edited:
But Fridge what does that mean? In plain & sober speak.

Are you looking for an affirmation of something?

Seek and ye shall find,as they say - confirmation bias.

As the signals you want to see arent clear?

But he lives somewhere where food isnt such a throwaway item.. and the culture may be closer to one of 'take' where food occurs

So,as you suspect, it may mean you have value to him.

Will that do for ambiguity ? :)

I would think he means he likes you... a lot maybe
But this advice comes from a guy who gets all sorts of things wrong from other people.

He's a kind and compassionate person who would be willing to share his food with you.

I don't know how to interpret it other than on a literal level (it probably wouldn't even occur to me), especially without knowing the person and without having the context.

It doesn't necessarily have to mean anything other than what it says.

You mean the world to me, is what that says. It is the I would 100% share my food with you. I want to spend my time with you.

Before he said this...

Did he just buy a cheap bag of onions?

No onions. He said he felt there was emotional intimacy in our relationship though. And I told him I was glad he wouldn't let me starve to death to which he responded that we'd both starve to death together if it came to that, XD. So hopefully it means all is good.

It probably something going around and he thought it was cute! Someone one told me they would not throw me out of bed for eating crackers. I had NO IDEA what that meant! It meant he would sleep with me, but I would not be his ideal. Coming from a married drunk? Ummmm, I was not impressed. He was a nice guy on one level, but scary on the other. He was a friend of an old boyfriend.

I don't like sharing my food at all. Only a select few people get to nibble on my food. So for me it would mean I value someone.

IDK what he means.
Sounds like the old Kliban cat cartoon, to me.

b6a95925f1e3967f5fa4572a80d4f6ea--kliban-cat-rats.jpg

eb22aa67a6ecdc7db66e1607aade15ea.jpg

Thanks for all your responses folks. They have been very helpful because I don't like to make any assumptions about how he feels. So I truly appreciate your take on this.

Thanks for all your responses folks. They have been very helpful because I don't like to make any assumptions about how he feels. So I truly appreciate your take on this.

Wise words. It probably is optimal in most cases not to assume alternative meanings or hidden agendas in such things. To just take them at face value- nothing more, nothing less.

No onions. He said he felt there was emotional intimacy in our relationship though. And I told him I was glad he wouldn't let me starve to death to which he responded that we'd both starve to death together if it came to that, XD. So hopefully it means all is good.

Sounds like he really values you as a person! Is he NT? If one of my friends talk me that I'd feel really loved (in a friendship way). Some of my friends who are in the spectrum ask me what I mean when I say such things so I think if they say something like that again you can always ask for clarification :).

Thanks Dorkasour! Well , not sure if he's aspie or not but suspect so. He's definitely an INTJ with sensory and social issues if not an NT. He's also gifted.

It depends on whether he was talking about food at that moment or any moment. Look for a literal interpretation in most situations.

Also look at the motivation he has for saying that.

Side note. It is possible he has selected the social "script" as a usual thing to say in a relationship. I think his social camoflague isn't active and he could be using words he would normally think to himself. (Rambling I know. This is just me thinking.)

New Threads

Top Bottom