• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can You Guess - What's That Mean?

TempeFan

There's a lot of cats out there and even though my introductory thread was titled "Hi, I'm One of Those Crazy Old Cat Ladies", mine's not one of them. I decided now might be a good time to tell why with a MEME thread. I'd like to invite you to show and tell what is special about your screen name/avatar/meme. Above is a clue to why I am known as TempeFan IRL. Below is an explanation of why I identify with Hal the Target.

meme
/mēm/
noun
  1. an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
    • a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.
av·a·tar
/ˈavəˌtär/
noun
noun: avatar; plural noun: avatars
  1. COMPUTING-an icon or figure representing a particular person in video games, Internet forums, etc.
My understanding is that we are not sick or injured, just different. It's a disability because if you have it, you are not able to do what the majority of people can do. Asperger's doesn't prevent one from doing anything. Other people do, by limiting who is allowed to participate in social activities and in the workplace. Like Rudolf the Reindeer with the red nose. "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names. They never let poor Rudolf join in............" He has a special ability to light the way but was shunned until someone realized unusual means unique NOT wrong.

tumblr-lph0u1p8bi1qfvq9bo1-1280.jpg

Last edited:
Please be respectful of all visitors or members here that are not on the autism spectrum

My avatar is Gunter the penguin because Gunter seems like a cute and simple critter but in truth is anything but. Gunter’s relevance is overlooked by everyone at first, but over time Gunter proves to be a very complex being.

My Avatar is Guts from The manga berserk, that's a dark fantasy manga for an adult audience with a lot of violence in it.

I like that guy, he went trought hell multiple times and he kicks ass, his story and the world around him is great and the art style aswell, my favorite manga. ( the only one I personnaly bought.)

My avatar represents my love of hot rodding from it's earliest roots.

It is not a statement about what I have learned about myself related to being autistic, just a badge I am proud to wear.

My avatar is a memorial to how far a receding hair line can actually retreat before selfies start topping off in the normal forehead region.

Mine is a duck. I like ducks. Ducks are cute. The end.

Just kidding! I kinda wish it were that simple.

I've always liked ducks, but it went from normal to weird when, for a period of several months, there was an area of ducks I had to walk past to get to and from school. It was one of the most difficult times of my life, and I took pictures of the ducks almost every day, quacked back at them and at people, and focused on that instead of all the crazy stuff going on.

After I stopped seeing them, I forgot about them, crazy things slowly resolved, and during calmness I saw ducks somewhere and got really excited! My brain is very easily conditioned, which is easy to see as bad because that's why I'm terrified of so many things, but I'm also made terribly excited by many things.

So I've surrounded myself with ducks! Mwhahahaha!

My picture when I first came to the forum had a duck and a crow, because the first time I decided to get a tattoo, I got because an image came to my head that I had to have, which was a bird pecking into my back, causing a stream of blood to strip down. I researched birds for this and it was clear a crow was the best choice.

The tattoo was meant to represent mental illness, since I've always been told it wasn't real, and now I have five crow tattoos.

I'm the duck, and crows are the bad things, like abuse and mental illness, following me, stuck on me forever.

The end!

I think I told you in the PM that mine wasn't private. Maybe I thought I'd just say I like ducks and be done with it?

Or maybe I just have no concept of privacy.

Another mystery!

Hmmmm - just me. :) But the picture I chose is me and my love, Montana and one of my favorite spots in Montana - top of Beartooth Pass.

Mine is a duck. I like ducks. Ducks are cute. The end.

Just kidding! I kinda wish it were that simple.

I've always liked ducks, but it went from normal to weird when, for a period of several months, there was an area of ducks I had to walk past to get to and from school. It was one of the most difficult times of my life, and I took pictures of the ducks almost every day, quacked back at them and at people, and focused on that instead of all the crazy stuff going on.

After I stopped seeing them, I forgot about them, crazy things slowly resolved, and during calmness I saw ducks somewhere and got really excited! My brain is very easily conditioned, which is easy to see as bad because that's why I'm terrified of so many things, but I'm also made terribly excited by many things.

So I've surrounded myself with ducks! Mwhahahaha!

My picture when I first came to the forum had a duck and a crow, because the first time I decided to get a tattoo, I got because an image came to my head that I had to have, which was a bird pecking into my back, causing a stream of blood to strip down. I researched birds for this and it was clear a crow was the best choice.

The tattoo was meant to represent mental illness, since I've always been told it wasn't real, and now I have five crow tattoos.

I'm the duck, and crows are the bad things, like abuse and mental illness, following me, stuck on me forever.

The end!

I think I told you in the PM that mine wasn't private. Maybe I thought I'd just say I like ducks and be done with it?
Another mystery!

I was so curious. I'm glad you are back to ducks. You earned that serenity. May we all get there.

My husband also has several tattoos signifying his adventures and difficulties of his past. His lastest signifies our outdoorsy lifestyle in connection with nature and also his unity with his wife. Matching tattos is customary in Native culture. This is what we chose. It's a lot harder to take off than a ring. Is it a person or a fruit?
Lisatat.jpg

Hmmmm - just me. :) But the picture I chose is me and my love, Montana and one of my favorite spots in Montana - top of Beartooth Pass.
I thought that was you! You're both beautiful! We really want to visit Montana's Blackfoot Rez someday.

Can't think of a better one to depict your courage, strength, humor and tenacity. Amazing! You've been put through so much and have come through it all to be such an inspiration.

I was so curious. I'm glad you are back to ducks. You earned that serenity. May we all get there.

My husband also has several tattoos signifying his adventures and difficulties of his past. His lastest signifies our outdoorsy lifestyle in connection with nature and also his unity with his wife. Matching tattos is customary in Native culture. This is what we chose. It's a lot harder to take off than a ring. Is it a person or a fruit?
View attachment 50897

I see a fruit! It's lovely!

Mine's self-explanitory to most people - a wonky Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon album cover, I like the album, but also like the fact that it's wonky/different and that it is a spectrum.

My current avatar is, surprisingly, not a drawing of my own but from my old 2018 Garfield calendar. It shows Garfield looking like a monster because he hasn't had his morning coffee yet. I thought it was funny.:)

I've been rotating through cat-themed avatars. Nothing much to it, another cat person here and it pairs well with my username.

Fino gave me the link to this thread so here I am xp My choice of the avatar was rather random..well I fished it out of my pc saved pictures and I like this picture because of its colors and because of its meaning. The girl is showing an intricate design on her cheek which represents the complexity of human nature and of her own mind. Altho..if I had to represent my own mind with a design, it would have to be a labyrinth, it's that complicated and fuzzy and confusing lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom