• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can y’all see the old woman?

Video showing both of someone else can’t see them both.

I can. But then I'm somewhat familiar with such visuals and optical illusions. Go figure.

Though I'm also very aware of pareidolia:

"A psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists."

Where that "pattern" more often than not resembles a human face.

Last edited:
I am usually good at these things but this time it was like I was blind. it was starting to freak me out.

I am usually good at these things but this time it was like I was blind. it was starting to freak me out.

It bugs me too if I don't figure them out in a timely manner. But some of them can be obvious, while others can be elusive. It's weird at times. o_O

Screenshot_2019-01-21-05-25-26.png
It bugs me too if I don't figure them out in a timely manner. But some of them can be obvious, while others can be elusive. It's weird at times. o_O
This reminds me of the illustration inside The Dragons of Eden, by m.c. escher, where in there is a checkerboard of light and dark animals. One tends to see all of either the light, or the dark animals first, then you suddenly realize that the other, differently colored set exists.
Always loved it/them.
Sorry, I cant seem to find it, the "menagerie", one, not the "ducks and fish" one.

Edit: Tesselation!
(Mosaic II)

Last edited:
Reminds me of the duck/rabbit illusion (which also happens to be the avatar of a member here):

duckrabbitmain.jpg

It's not an autistic thing just an exercise in perception.
Those who learn to see both can spot subliminals much easier than others.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e1/8f/a5/e18fa5a6888dbc7f19f99eab903b3b9b.jpg
An easier place to start.
When people see this for the very first time, they may only see the white cup or only see the black faces. After some time, they can see both. Now that they can see both, they will always see both whenever looking at this image in the future.

ex. 2 - transmuting this exercise into something useful.
https://illuminatisymbols.info/wp-content/uploads/illuminati-disney-lion-king-subliminal.jpg
How many years did people view this cover without ever realizing the double image embeded? That they were being sold sex without realizing it. Your conscious attention is needed to block subconscious infiltration. You need to know what's unseen otherwise it bypasses the critical faculties. However, now that you know there's a 2nd image embeded your conscious mind will forever spot this in this image.

For more pervasive day to day things you could look into advertising your exposed to and such. Approach it critically and analytically just like you do with the fun white cup / black faces exercise, or old lady / young lady. Then you can begin to spot what they try to slip into your mind outside of conscious awareness.

Last edited:
I've seen this picture when I was still a kid and I was quickly able to see them both. Just not at the same time, like most other people.

Both. Same with the one of two idiots kissing a vase. I both love and hate Escher.

I can see opticial illusions well, not nessarly an autistic thing. Actually went recently to the Escher museum in the hague (the netherlands) and enjoyed it alot. Sadly there were more view-pantings in the galery last year (2018) with crayon and cohl of places in italy. Wasn't my thing. I think this is just like everybody else who is not autistic/neurotypical a capability of.

New Threads

Top Bottom