• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can one get their criminal record annulled?

By the language and terms you have used Paul, I presume you are in the UK? I can't be sure - there's some US style terms in there too like "Latin" and "Sheriff". If so then the answer to your question is No. You cannot expunge your criminal record. In the eyes of the law you will be a criminal for life. Any searches on your history will reveal it.
I understand how misunderstood you feel and that you didn't intend any harm. You are not the first to have been judged in this way and we're a long way from you being the last.
The reason you have had the orders taken out against you is that those people are scared of you. You don't understand what you did to cause that but I urge you to try to find out. Not by asking them but through counselling, through reading. You need to know or you will be doomed to repeat it and you need to avoid that if you want to get your life under control.
There are many careers that will turn a blind eye to your past, particularly in the arts. You could succeed in acting, painting, writing or music and your past would be of little consequence. For now the best way forward would seem to be to find out what you have done that has unsettled people and keep your nose as clean as possible. You don't want to end up another prison statistic.
I wish you nothing but the best Paul and I sincerely hope you can get a grip on your situation. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Has anyone else been told they're moving over to Universal Credit now? I had my first interview yesterday and had to fill in a lot of boxes online. Since I don't need to look for work, I just have to make sure I see important people from time to time, like doctors and my housing officer needs to be aware I'm in debt now.

Yeah. "Sheriff" means a judge in Britain.

Hi Paul. I've only seen the term "Sheriff" used in England outside of bailiffs - there are sheriffs in Scotland - is that where you are?

I'm not on benefits myself but I'm sure there are other people on here that have experience of Universal Credit that do. Maybe it's worth a thread specifically on that topic to attract some input?

All I know from a users perspective is from the nightmare stories I have been hearing non-stop since it was introduced, so I hope your transition goes smoothly.

Are you receiving any psychiatric help at the moment?

Yes. I live in Edinburgh. They sent me to HMP Addiewell, which is in an area near Livingston.

No. I'm not getting any support, which is bad.

I really think you could do with some help to sort all this out in your head, Paul. Maybe you could get in touch with MIND the mental health charity? Considering your history I think they'd help you if your GP is a dead end.
You've had a rough run of things and you need to find a way to halt it. You can't wipe the slate clean, but you can start again with a new perspective if you can find someone to help you find it.
Constantly banging you up for behaviour you don't quite understand isn't helping, that's for sure.

My sister is gonna find me support, but not help from social services. They're our enemies...

I regret fallen out with that famous guy. He isn't a bad singer. But, there's other 80's stars...

My former key worker appears in this video...if you are curious about what she looks like...

Yesterday. :oops:
Today. :(
The future? :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom