• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Came out To New NT Friend as Autistic, Says he Doesn't Think of me Any Differently!

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
So, I met this dude in a LiveLesson (basically just a classroom where the teacher is teaching, but through the internet) who is enrolled in the same online school program as me last week.

We were working in break out rooms (small groups for colab), and he was one of the people that was in there. I usually use my mic in BO rooms. I turned on my mic and read one of the sentences on-screen in a dramatic, movie trailer-type of voice. My friend also had his mic on and complimented me verbally about how funny that was. We eventually got our work in the BO rooms done, the BO session ended, and then the livelesson after some final announcements by our teachers.

I decided to initiate conversation with him through webmail. Long story short, we became friends and we exchanged Discord usernames and IDs with each other.

Starting from the beginning of the Discord chat, it was clear that we were becoming good friends quick.

Yesterday, I decided to tell him that I have autism. I usually don't tell somebody this unless I've known them for around a month, but, since our friendship was going so well already, I decided that I should tell him. Plus I think it should be more open about it with my peers.

After I told him, he said that he wouldn't treat me any differently. That, "a friend is a friend, why should something like that make a difference?" kinda thing.

It felt that an elephant just got right up off my chest and started it's way back to Africa after I have told him that. It was such a relief. I am so glad that I have such good friends.

Seriously, though. I am so glad that he is my friend. He is such a cool dude! :cool:

I wonder whether he knows what it means.

People say things like that often, it may not actually end up like that.

Sometimes on rare occasion there are those who accept you for who you are. Perhaps even rarer those who accept you for who you aren't.

However it's been my experience that the best possible outcome is when people simply accept you only because you're there. It happens. :)

One of my old friends told meSomething along the lines of you may be autstic but you’re still one of the greatest girls I know .

BO rooms? Maybe you could be considerate in the way you approach people somehow and say to put deodorant on? If they haven’t heard of it or can’t afford even the cheapest deodorant maybe raise funds and set up a free ‘how to’ induction about ways on how to use them? :p

BO rooms? Maybe you could be considerate in the way you approach people somehow and say to put deodorant on? If they haven’t heard of it or can’t afford even the cheapest deodorant maybe raise funds and set up a free ‘how to’ induction about ways on how to use them? :p
BO room is short for BreakOut rooms. Sorry for the confusion. I did say that there were going to be online student references.

New Threads

Top Bottom