• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Burger poll!

Burgers?

• Beef!

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Veggie/tofu!

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Chicken!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Turkey!

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Salmon!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Fish!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Cheap and greasy!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • High class and spendy!

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • With fries!

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Burgers are a staple of most Americans’ diets, according to the great series Hetalia.

I'm very traditionalist when it comes to what makes something a 'burger'.

If the meat isn't from a bovine or the vegetarian/vegan meat substitute isn't meant to replace bovine meat, then it is not a burger as far I'm concerned.

I do not recognize any of this 'chicken burger' nonsense, that's a chicken sandwich as far as I'm concerned, maybe 'chicken patty sandwich' if you want to be more specific. (Although yes, a burger is a type of sandwich too).

A few times my wife bought high quality ground meat after the barbeque they were hockey pucks. Was too lean.
once the fat dripped off so much for burgers.

I'm all for a good burger and a side of fries~ I am open to veggie burgers, but nothing beats a beef burger. I mean it's an American staple for as long as it has, for a reason.

The burger has become a staple all over the world, not just in the US.
Personally, I'm not into burgers, but will happily eat a veggie/vegan burger.
I wonder if there's a MacDonald's in Greenland?

A part of me wants to link to a video of John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson discussing cheeseburgers in Paris, but that would go against the forum rules here.

1. Wendy's
  2. Big Mac
  3. McDouble is the most regularly accessible, followed by
  4. Kwik Burger
I still have the other meats on the list, but not as burgers.
(I air-fry frozen fries on fish & chips night.)

Quarter pounders w/cheese!
Butterburgers.
Some gourmet burgers occasionally.

Greenwise ground beef burgers with swiss, I make at home.
They are a staple at least once a week.

I like burgers, all burgers. Cheap and greasy, expensive and unconventional. Mostly beef, but bison burgers are better. I like veggie burgers if they taste like veggie and don't try to mimic beef too much. I like turkey burgers only if they are cooked really well, and don't get too dry or taste too much like turkey.
Experimental burgers are fun. I had a burger between two cheese quesadillas with salsa and peppers. It was amazing.
I sometimes grind my own meat for burgers (and other stuff). Getting the right balance for my tastes has not yet been achieved. So far my favorite has been 2 beef cuts and 1 pork cut combined.
(edit) had to think about the actual cuts for a sec. So for beef, a piece of chuck roast (for the marbled fat), and eye round (which comes from the leg - lean and very beefy flavor). For the pork, a shoulder cut.

Last edited:
The burger has become a staple all over the world, not just in the US.
Personally, I'm not into burgers, but will happily eat a veggie/vegan burger.
I wonder if there's a MacDonald's in Greenland?
There doesn't seem to be a McDonald's in Greenland. I checked Google Maps, you never know what you'll find in the world. This place looks like your best choice for a burger in Greenland: Sunset Boulevard Nuuk

The burger list is missing the plant-based burger substitute. I have to believe it has a significant market share based on the availability. I like Beyond Burgers and think they have a consistent taste that beats most beef burgers. Cows are just off the charts bad for the atmosphere and I largely avoid such foods.

Last edited:
As long as the burger doesn’t moo when I bite into it, I have no real preference on how a burger is prepared, cooked, and served. I’ll eat any type of a burger including veggie and chicken. The only meat I will not eat are veal, lamb, and rabbits and squirrels.

what kinds of toppings do you generally get?
I don't know but I think it is Fajita or nothing. Fajita is an Arabic variant from what I can get. I don't like the meat parts as much as the bread.

I love a good veggie burger, except the ones that are made to taste like beef or the soy Boca ones. I do like the plant-based chicken ones though. Just had a decent indian-style masala burger yesterday..

Best burger around the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is at Joe's Friendly Tavern in Empire. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am going to ride the Heritage Trail and stop there for lunch. Their Onion Rings are great, in Tempura and thick and juicy. It is also Asparagus festival time in that town.

Griddled: Wendy's

Flame Broiled: Burger King

Classic 50s/60s Burgers, Fries, Shakes: Johnny Rockets

McDonalds: Never

New Threads

Top Bottom