• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
As I’ve mentioned before, I want to reach out to my brother and sister Catholics who are Aspies and support them and bring them together in anyway I can. I’ve heard from a friend of mine that wix allows you to build, perhaps even a forum site for free. I want to build, at best, a forum site for Aspie Catholics; at the very least, a simple website or webpage for an Aspie Catholic prayer group, where Catholic Aspies can simply print out a sheet of paper, sign their name on it and the simply pray for each other every day.

What is everyone’s advice, and know-how regarding this?

Start small. You may only need a few threads and maybe a single sub-forum or two. If you have to use the default themes, that's fine. If your willing, perhaps seek out a professional or someone who builds websites for a living. You may be able to get one built at a decent price.

And I can confirm, Wix does offer free forums.

I would look for a service provider (the hosting service) that has the forum software as part of the hosting fee. I have a blog and my service provider gives me my domain name and blogging software for free as long as I use their service. It was easy to setup a blog. I use Wordpress, but there are others (Note, I am not doing this through Wordpress, but have my own .com url.)

I’m taking a look at Wix, I realize, I might need images for my website, but I don’t think I can afford to purchase images from Getty Images or the like; what are some places where I can get free, public domain images?

I assume WikiMedia, might be a place to start?

Follow wix instructions and it will be easy. Free, public domain images can be found at pixabay.com

Thanks, unfortunately it is going to take sometime for me to build this site, as I have discovered that Wix doesn’t like iPads, and both my laptops are down. Hopefully I’ll be able to get my hands on a laptop or desktop computer soon.

I’m still having trouble with wix, I hope and pray to get things working but if not, what are some alternatives to wix? Specifically alternatives that are iPad-friendly and enable me to make a small, simple website easily and with little expenses.

Follow wix instructions and it will be easy. Free, public domain images can be found at pixabay.com
Hey @Fino thank you very much for referring me to pixabay, I found a lot of good, beautiful images to use on my website as well as simply enjoy in general. I was wondering if you would be okay with me mentioning you on my site and thanking you for referring me to pixabay, would be okay with that?

The site will, Lord willing, be up and running, this evening.

Hey @Fino thank you very much for referring me to pixabay, I found a lot of good, beautiful images to use on my website as well as simply enjoy in general. I was wondering if you would be okay with me mentioning you on my site and thanking you for referring me to pixabay, would be okay with that?

The site will, Lord willing, be up and running, this evening.

Sure, that's fine!

New Threads

Top Bottom