• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Broken friendship

Mars26

21 years old aspie
If my best friend can't find time for me since June. However, he finds time for other friends or to play games. I guess I shouldn't be friends with him anymore? I am asking because I feel used. Whenever I wanted to do something and he didn't, he said that my expectations were too high. He also wanted to help him at the university. And whenever I talked about how I felt, he would get pissed off at me. When I was trying to get out of this relationship, he announced that I was toxic because since the holidays ended, I ask him to meet me. But it's normal for friends to want to meet.

This is classic. He needs stuff from you but is uninterested in you and feeds you scarcely enough attention to keep you around. You are starved for attention and afraid to go it alone. Fairly common in asymmetrical relationships. He is probably a variety of narcissist or maybe just a con artist.

If my best friend can't find time for me since June. However, he finds time for other friends or to play games. I guess I shouldn't be friends with him anymore? I am asking because I feel used. Whenever I wanted to do something and he didn't, he said that my expectations were too high. He also wanted to help him at the university. And whenever I talked about how I felt, he would get pissed off at me. When I was trying to get out of this relationship, he announced that I was toxic because since the holidays ended, I ask him to meet me. But it's normal for friends to want to meet.

I am soooooo sorry you are going through this! It is utterly heartbreaking and I have known this feeling throughout my entire life. I recently lost a friend because I guess I was too intense? They were fine with me until they gave me that sour puss look and I asked what was up.

So I guess I am clingy and needy? Dang... I gave them the "lite" version of me! Clingy and needy was bizarre. I have NEVER been that in my entire life. I am tough as nails although I am emotional (a personal strength in my book). Most people are not deep thinkers or feelers and do not like to verbalize what is wrong. They base their views on what we feel because we act in a certain way that means we are feeling something odd in their minds.

It really sucks and breaks my heart when I feel like there is a connection and find out it is an illusion!

Big hugs and positive energy your way!

New Threads

Top Bottom