1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Breaking News: Elon Musk admits he has Asperger's during SNL monologue

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autistic Yoda, May 9, 2021.

1. WildCat

WildCat V.I.P Member

I was thinking about it, and technically he's right - not the first person on SNL to come out with it (Dan Aykroyd), but the first on SNL to admit it.

He did well running human in emulation mode in the Wario skit though, I'll give him that. I got a good laugh from it.

2. GrownupGirl

GrownupGirl Tempermental Artist

I could not care less. Actually, it's cringy to think that people will end up comparing us to this so called "celebrity" whom I've never even heard of until now.

I just can't understand modern day celebrities. In the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's most celebrities I saw in the media at least had at least some kind of skill or talent, like singing, dancing, acting, or comedy. Now they're they're just a bunch of idiots doing cringy, second-hand embarrassing things on the internet and they have absolutely nothing worth celebrating about. The world is just awful and getting worse every day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Au Naturel

Comparing us... People who do not understand a thing look for something to compare it to. Inevitable and unavoidable. Some people have heard of Asperger's and have a mental picture of Sheldon Cooper. When people think of autism, it's that kid in the special ed class who bangs his head against the wall. They picture Rain Man. A few might think of Greta Thunberg and that isn't necessarily a good picture either.

Autism is an incredibly wide-ranged spectrum. It is impossible to have a model that represents more than a tiny fraction of people in the category. There are successful billionaires and there are those who would be dead in days without constant assistance. There are savants and there are those incapable of expressing themselves. The great mass exists in the middle of the two extremes and will never get much publicity.

Not much we can do about it. The brilliant ones get all the attention because they make news. The extremely disabled ones are presented as the model by Autism Speaks. Personally, I'd rather be thought of like Elon Musk. Like him or hate him, he is powerful and a visionary.

4. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Au Naturel

I think it is because Musk is a successful capitalist. That's all it would take.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BoltzmannBrain17

BoltzmannBrain17 Member

I think Musk was making a joke and people read too far into it. I highly doubt he is on the spectrum...

6. Gerontius

Gerontius Well-Known Member

I just want to say I don't care what Elon Musk is; he exploits his workers & therefore I despise him.

7. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Au Naturel

I would love to be exploited by Elon Musk. I would love to have that mad level of skill that would make me worth his exploitation.