1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Brand new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eggnog, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Eggnog

Eggnog Forever a bit confused

Hi, I’m Eggnog and I’m a 22 female from the UK
    I’ve recently discovered I may be on the spectrum after a long struggle with my mental health and trying to figure out what makes me so different
    I joined this forum to hopefully have some insight and also finally find some like-minded people, I’m currently waiting for an assessment but could be waiting for a year or more :(

I’m looking forward to meeting people and having some good discussions :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Streetwise

Streetwise very cautious contributor V.I.P Member

Waited 6 months the limit is ha ha the joke 3 months, I thought it might be years ,there is an autism team where iam but covid is slowing everything ,be careful if you consider paying privately NHS are snobs think you've paid for a guaranteed diagnosis,that was 5 years ago ,hope you have support

3. Eggnog

That’s unfortunately what the doctor’s told me, COVID slowing everything down to an almost stop :/
    Couldn’t believe how much a private assessment was so i have to wait for the good ol’ NHS :p Why anyone would pay for a guaranteed diagnosis is a mystery to me :S

4. Streetwise

How much was it in your area? I'm N.E .England it was about £75 for an appointment 5 years ago but I'm in Sunderland even Newcastle is different!

5. Eggnog

I couldn’t find anything specifically in my area, but i saw a quote of £200 to £1000! I guess as soon as i saw those numbers my brain said “nope nope, nhs here we come (In 3 months to a yearo_O)”

6. Streetwise

What I find bizarre is my mam paid £120 for a motor neurone disease diagnosis the NHS didn't even blink but autism oh no

7. Streetwise

I just thought it might as well be a billion pounds haven't got it

8. Eggnog

Exactly, lol.
    Mental health isn’t much better, had to wait 8 months just to get an initial assessment, then 6 months until i was top of the list!

9. Streetwise

Its snobbery, the funding for physical health is huge ,the NHS were prepared to pay £86 for 30 tablets 23 years ago, yet they wouldn't pay a few pounds for indigestion relief ,you should see the blacklist for medicines, it must have made a minister come dictators day ,three quarters were struck off ,tell people what area you are in !there might be someone with up-to-date knowledge.

10. Wolfsage

Wolfsage In training to be Wolf King.

Sup, dog! Always wanted to say that! Yes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bolletje

Bolletje Overly complicated potato V.I.P Member

Welcome!

12. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

13. Alexej

Alexej Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

HI @Eggnog - welcome to the Forums

14. Suzanne

Suzanne Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I come from the uk, but live in France for nearly 20 year's now and was diagnosed here. Also, I was like you, when I first came here and was very much welcomed, so you will sure to feel welcomed very quickly.

It is horrible, going through life, not knowing what is going on, feeling different, but at the same time, looking not really any different.

I used to think: perhaps I am need to immerse myself with people in order to feel comfortable and when that did not work, thought: perhaps I should do the opposite and actually, that did not work either very well.

Finally, finding out about aspergers, it was like the: ahh, ok, so that makes sense and then, at last a diagnosis and was not expecting it, since things like this do not go my way usually.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Eggnog

I cannot begin to explain how accurate this is to my life in this very moment
    It fully overwhelms me with happiness to know there is a way through life without feeling like an outsider at every road <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. clg114

clg114 Still crazy, after all these years. Staff Member V.I.P Member

Welcome to Autism Forums!

17. Diego

Diego Member

welcome

18. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member It's My Birthday!

Humanoids1.jpg

Supreme Aspie: Are we like-minded?
    Aspie No.1: If it means we like our minds I would say, it depends.
    Aspie No.2: Or if it means we are, like, minded ? I would also say it depends.
    Supreme Aspie: Suddenly the word 'depends' seems strange to me and looks odd. Has that ever happened to you with a word?

;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. VictorR

VictorR Random Member V.I.P Member

Welcome!