• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Brand new

Eggnog

Forever a bit confused
Hi, I’m Eggnog and I’m a 22 female from the UK
I’ve recently discovered I may be on the spectrum after a long struggle with my mental health and trying to figure out what makes me so different
I joined this forum to hopefully have some insight and also finally find some like-minded people, I’m currently waiting for an assessment but could be waiting for a year or more :(

I’m looking forward to meeting people and having some good discussions :)

Waited 6 months the limit is ha ha the joke 3 months, I thought it might be years ,there is an autism team where iam but covid is slowing everything ,be careful if you consider paying privately NHS are snobs think you've paid for a guaranteed diagnosis,that was 5 years ago ,hope you have support

covid is slowing everything ,be careful if you consider paying privately NHS are snobs think you've paid for a guaranteed diagnosis,that was 5 years ago ,hope you have support

That’s unfortunately what the doctor’s told me, COVID slowing everything down to an almost stop :/
Couldn’t believe how much a private assessment was so i have to wait for the good ol’ NHS :p Why anyone would pay for a guaranteed diagnosis is a mystery to me :S

That’s unfortunately what the doctor’s told me, COVID slowing everything down to an almost stop :/
Couldn’t believe how much a private assessment was so i have to wait for the good ol’ NHS :p Why anyone would pay for a guaranteed diagnosis is a mystery to me :S
How much was it in your area? I'm N.E .England it was about £75 for an appointment 5 years ago but I'm in Sunderland even Newcastle is different!

How much was it in your area? I'm N.E .England it was about £75 for an appointment 5 years ago but I'm in Sunderland even Newcastle is different!
I couldn’t find anything specifically in my area, but i saw a quote of £200 to £1000! I guess as soon as i saw those numbers my brain said “nope nope, nhs here we come (In 3 months to a yearo_O)”

I couldn’t find anything specifically in my area, but i saw a quote of £200 to £1000! I guess as soon as i saw those numbers my brain said “nope nope, nhs here we come (In 3 months to a yearo_O)”
What I find bizarre is my mam paid £120 for a motor neurone disease diagnosis the NHS didn't even blink but autism oh no

I just thought it might as well be a billion pounds haven't got it

I just thought it might as well be a billion pounds haven't got it
Exactly, lol.
Mental health isn’t much better, had to wait 8 months just to get an initial assessment, then 6 months until i was top of the list!

Exactly, lol.
Mental health isn’t much better, had to wait 8 months just to get an initial assessment, then 6 months until i was top of the list!
Its snobbery, the funding for physical health is huge ,the NHS were prepared to pay £86 for 30 tablets 23 years ago, yet they wouldn't pay a few pounds for indigestion relief ,you should see the blacklist for medicines, it must have made a minister come dictators day ,three quarters were struck off ,tell people what area you are in !there might be someone with up-to-date knowledge.

upload_2020-11-5_8-54-58.png

I come from the uk, but live in France for nearly 20 year's now and was diagnosed here. Also, I was like you, when I first came here and was very much welcomed, so you will sure to feel welcomed very quickly.

It is horrible, going through life, not knowing what is going on, feeling different, but at the same time, looking not really any different.

I used to think: perhaps I am need to immerse myself with people in order to feel comfortable and when that did not work, thought: perhaps I should do the opposite and actually, that did not work either very well.

Finally, finding out about aspergers, it was like the: ahh, ok, so that makes sense and then, at last a diagnosis and was not expecting it, since things like this do not go my way usually.

It is horrible, going through life, not knowing what is going on, feeling different, but at the same time, looking not really any different.

I used to think: perhaps I am need to immerse myself with people in order to feel comfortable and when that did not work, thought: perhaps I should do the opposite and actually, that did not work either very well.

Finally, finding out about aspergers, it was like the: ahh, ok, so that makes sense and then, at last a diagnosis and was not expecting it, since things like this do not go my way usually.

I cannot begin to explain how accurate this is to my life in this very moment
It fully overwhelms me with happiness to know there is a way through life without feeling like an outsider at every road <3

Humanoids1.jpg

Supreme Aspie: Are we like-minded?
Aspie No.1: If it means we like our minds I would say, it depends.
Aspie No.2: Or if it means we are, like, minded ? I would also say it depends.
Supreme Aspie: Suddenly the word 'depends' seems strange to me and looks odd. Has that ever happened to you with a word?

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom