• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Brag about yourself.

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
What I have gathered, is most of us are generally good at something. Of course, it is 'socially inapropriate' to brag about aspects of one self in a situation that does not call for it. Well here is a situation that calls for it. I think a lot of people (may be self projecting) love to talk about what they are good at, often we never get those chances. Here is your chance. why stick to what is normal on a website based around not being normal (yes I dropped the 'n' word, I don't dilly daddle around ideas.) So, What are you good at? tell it in anyway, monologue, a single sentence, a full essay. it doesn't matter.

I don't want this to be viewed as an excuse for me to talk about myself, I do that too much already. I will refrain from such for the meantime.

I could go on and on about my numerous accomplishments, but I'll start off with my ability at wordplay.

Brag? About myself? I don't really have anything to brag about, except...

I'm fairly good at being invisible. ;) In high school I had a teacher stand two feet from me, look at me and mark me absent. The girl next to me laughed and called the teacher back to show her I was there and she looked completely dumbfounded and marked me present and apologized. Haha:D

Another time I got called to the office because I was given an ASA. (In school suspension) I asked what for and apparently my Study Hall teacher marked me absent when I was two tables across from her literally in her line of sight. The person believed me that I was there since I had attended all my other classes that day and never caused trouble. I thought it was hilarious after I got over the shock. hahaha :D

Of course, I have a bunch of other examples but those stick out so I figured I'd share. Yeah, so, I'm fairly good at being invisible. *brags*:cool::D

I can think like an electron. Very useful when I had a job, but not so much lately. Plus there's the whole wordplay thing, but to some good at that is bad.

I can think like an electron. Very useful when I had a job, but not so much lately. Plus there's the whole wordplay thing, but to some good at that is bad.

You can think like an electron? Care to explain, because I an trying to fit this in a scientifically literal simile, but can't find something that sticks

I seem to have a knack for speaking in rhymes
Though its always limited to just a few lines

Maybe one day I will expand my skill
And write raps for a man named Will

Will can tour the country spitting my words
While I sit back, relax, and watch birds

He will be the star while we both make money
No one has to know Will ain't actually funny

Will can take every bit of the fame
I don't want any part of the game

My time will be spent in the countryside
With plenty of places for me to hide

One day when both of us are old and tired
We can take our buckets of cash and retire

Until then I will continue to be
Just average, ordinary me

I seem to have a knack for speaking in rhymes
Though its always limited to just a few lines

Maybe one day I will expand my skill
And write raps for a man named Will

Will can tour the country spitting my words
While I sit back, relax, and watch birds

He will be the star while we both make money
No one has to know Will ain't actually funny

Will can take every bit of the fame
I don't want any part of the game

My time will be spent in the countryside
With plenty of places for me to hide

One day when both of us are old and tired
We can take our buckets of cash are retire

Until then I will continue to be
Just average, ordinary me

I used to write poetry.
Wasn't to good at it. I thought I wrote... stupidly

Sometimes my words and rhymes didn't fit
Other times, expressions seemed together in a tight knit.

Rhyme, and puns throughout, throw in some repition to make the words flow out.
Words are numbers, write like a mathematician, gleeful focus on his craft through consetration.
The sentance, you're building, writing is a construction.
Build what you like, but with no limitation.
Steal their attention through willfull abduction.
Witt is the new sexy, rhymes and flow are deadly seduction.
They aught come running. As if away from a shot.
Obsessing over words tied to a tight knot.
It isn't easy, art only comes from deduction and thought.

My dog smells like tortilla chips.
Edit:spelling, spacing

Last edited:
Most people would probably say I'm good at lot's of things, but I've always wanted to be really brilliant at just one thing. I guess that's one of the reasons I keep learning new skills. I keep hoping I'll discover my hidden talent!
That said though, I'm not complaining about the things I am good at :)

"My dog smells like tortilla chips"
Haha my dog smells like garbage.

Hmmm... Something to brag about... I think I have better taste in... everything compared to others. I have a seed collection, which is very practical, compared to other collections. No-ones socks are as cool as mine, they have bunnies ferns and mushrooms on it.
Okay more serious: I'm lucky to live in beautiful Oregon, and possibly going to live in beautiful Arizona, and become a snowbird already :hearteyes:. LUCKY.

I am intellectual and logical.
The deeper the subject matter the better.
See it as a challange and it keeps my mind off negative things for a while as it is never still.

Also I take no guff from anyone and stand my ground.
If I am wrong in a situation you can kick it in my face and I'll be the first to acknowledge it, but if it is just an insult or unfounded untruth, no.

I am very literal.
Always said: mean what you say and say what you mean.
Because that's how I'll take it unless it's put forth as literally a joke for the sake of humour.
:cool: I'm not complaining about a lot of other things
I'm good at either. @Fitzo Well put!

"My dog smells like tortilla chips"
Haha my dog smells like garbage.

Hmmm... Something to brag about... I think I have better taste in... everything compared to others. I have a seed collection, which is very practical, compared to other collections. No-ones socks are as cool as mine, they have bunnies ferns and mushrooms on it.
Okay more serious: I'm lucky to live in beautiful Oregon, and possibly going to live in beautiful Arizona, and become a snowbird already :hearteyes:. LUCKY.

I think he got the chips from the garbage.

@SusanLR
You sound relatable. The deeper aspects to a conversation piece are the ones worth talking about. I love questions with answers beyond human thinking, they always get my brain in a knot and I love the feeling of not knowing because it is impossible to know. my favourite one of those is 'what is the universe' my whole premise is based off of a feeling I get thinking about it, but a feeling that has real depth and insight. I would write more about it, but it would take a while to express my ideas.

Last edited:
Give me all the toys you can get, Legos, dinos, 3D-puzzles, just about anything and everything. Come back to me in a few hours, and I swear what you'll find will be a room that'll either look hilarious, utterly nonsensical, completely impossible to traverse without somehow stepping on something painful or getting me mad for ruining my work, or all of the above.

I used to think in rhyme,
all the time, to be sure!
A purely irrelevant skill I used
to kill the life of all parties....
"Smarty pants!" they'd say...
"Hey! No fair!" I'd quip,
slipping socially and tripping
over well laid norms,
warming up to one or two
who,
like-minded, reminded me of
higher stuff.
Enough of this rhyme!
Time to Reply!

Give me all the toys you can get, Legos, dinos, 3D-puzzles, just about anything and everything. Come back to me in a few hours, and I swear what you'll find will be a room that'll either look hilarious, utterly nonsensical, completely impossible to traverse without somehow stepping on something painful or getting me mad for ruining my work, or all of the above.
What a skill. I would love to see what you would do with all my k'nex.

Well, I have a great ear for music and have a ton of music making apps on my laptop, and I'm decent at drawing cartoons and making up bizarre stories and dialogue for them.

Uhhh, I know alot about computers and am pretty great at RPG games since I'm fascinated with numbers.

Plus, I can read faces well and can easily deduce if someone is lying to me to my face. I don't let my emotions get involved into my politics or my work. I'm blunt and I try to solve a problem, and I never let anyone get away with anything wrong. Lastly, I'm pretty desensitized and not offended emotionally by racist, rude, or nasty comments said to someone else, but I will call the guilty party out on it.

You can think like an electron? Care to explain, because I an trying to fit this in a scientifically literal simile, but can't find something that sticks

Electrical power engineering background. I found I worked best by assigning intent to electrons so I could presume to understand where they wanted to go. Thanks for asking! =o)

New Threads

Top Bottom